• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Paph. Chiu-Hua Dancer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
Hello All
I could have just updated the last thread with this name but figured a new thread would be sure to get everyones attention. Anyhow this is the new registered name of the gigantifolium x sanderianum cross.
I am glad that everybody recieved their plants and in good condition and are satisfied. My friends who sold me the plants were happy to move some also.
It is however very unfortunate that XXXX decided to not pay for two plants and vanish off the face of the earth. I suppose it is my own fault for not getting payment before shipping.. but let this just be a reminder that XXXXX is a scumbag and a theif and dont get dooped as i did. For those of you who did pay I will continue to keep you in mind for release of future plants...
Aloha
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Allen
I will let you know in the next day or so...
Should not be a problem.....

Hello All
I could have just updated the last thread with this name but figured a new thread would be sure to get everyones attention. Anyhow this is the new registered name of the gigantifolium x sanderianum cross.
I am glad that everybody recieved their plants and in good condition and are satisfied. My friends who sold me the plants were happy to move some also.
It is however very unfortunate that XXXXX decided to not pay for two plants and vanish off the face of the earth. I suppose it is my own fault for not getting payment before shipping.. but let this just be a reminder that XXXXXis a scumbag and a theif and dont get dooped as i did. For those of you who did pay I will continue to keep you in mind for release of future plants...
Aloha
Pete

As Kentuckiense said,

"All I know is that he comes and goes. I wouldn't quite write him off yet."
May be there is some misunderstanding.
-From what I know, he seems to do some travels, and not always up to date at communication.
-Is he a repeat customer with you? Did you sell anything to him before? if yes, how did those transactions go?
-Did he get sick? and can not communicate with you?

Pete,

Thanks for letting us know about the registered name for this cross. It doesn't show up in the RHS database as of yet. Do you know which is the pod parent and which is the pollen parent? Your original thread listed sanderianum first. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Nik

Pete,

Thanks for letting us know about the registered name for this cross. It doesn't show up in the RHS database as of yet. Do you know which is the pod parent and which is the pollen parent? Your original thread listed sanderianum first. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Nik

Nik,
If the tag lists sanderianum first as per the thread's title (then it is the pod parent)
& vice versa.

^ ^
There wasn't a tag, so I would like to make one up myself. Pete listed sanderianum first in the original thread but he lists gigantifolum first in this one. That's why I'm asking. :)

By the way, does anyone know the proper pronunciation of Chiu-Hua? Is is phonetically Shew-Hwah? I'm curious.

Bien and kentuckiense-
I've never dealt with him before. He reqested plants, advised he would pay, sent his address... Then I shipped him two plants. I tracked them and saw that they were delivered on time. That was over two weeks ago and I have since sent multiple PM's and emails. Furthermore it has been brought to my attention by another member that he does not have the best track record.. Like I said it's unfortunate because I sent out a lot of plants that week and he is the only one I had any problem with at all.... This is why I've written him off.

I'm sorry to hear that, Pete. It's hard to understand how anyone, orchidists, especially, cannot be true to their word. One can only hope that certain dire circumstances kept XXXX from paying, communicating, and keeping his word.

Thanks for the name, BTW.

I have to now publicly take back my previous comments about XXXXX and apologize. He showed up today and made good on his word..
However in my own defense, in my experience, it's not too often that people disappear for weeks and then reappear and take care of business. Anyhow... XXXXX is all good. Thanks for the insight hien...

I have to now publicly take back my previous comments about XXXXX and apologize. He showed up today and made good on his word..
However in my own defense, in my experience, it's not too often that people disappear for weeks and then reappear and take care of business. Anyhow... XXXXis all good. Thanks for the insight hien...
That is great news Pete,
As I mention before, from what I understand, Beni is busy most of the times & does travel quite often so he may not be able to take care of things right away, and at times he has to contact his assistant (whom he delegates to runnning things in his absence) to find out information.

I'm glad it all worked out. I definitely understand your frustration, but I'm certainly glad things worked out in the end.

My uncle has carved a niche out for himself with roses -- he has a unique rootstock, rosa fortuniana. People seek him out from all over the country because of this. He always ships to customers, enclosing a bill, never asking for payment before shipping. After 10 years, he'll tell you he has never been stiffed by a customer yet. Just goes to show ya, plant people are good folks. :)

I'm glad it all worked out. I definitely understand your frustration, but I'm certainly glad things worked out in the end.

My uncle has carved a niche out for himself with roses -- he has a unique rootstock, rosa fortuniana. People seek him out from all over the country because of this. He always ships to customers, enclosing a bill, never asking for payment before shipping. After 10 years, he'll tell you he has never been stiffed by a customer yet. Just goes to show ya, plant people are good folks. :)

I agree, and the normal way I know is paying for the plants in advance, sometimes months :eek::eek:, and then hoping for the plants to arrive!! Jean

Latest posts

Back