Paph. charlesworthii, album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THat is awesome!!! Are these considered less vigorous or harder to grow then the normal form?

THat is awesome!!! Are these considered less vigorous or harder to grow then the normal form?

Mine have been relatively easy to grow (same cross from Sam Tsui). The fact that the sandowiae form was initially crossed with a more vigorous regular form and then sib crossed to produce more fma. sandowiaes seems to have given the plants the genetics for a somewhat more vigorous growth habit.

Nice, flower Dot!

Really lovely beauties - both, the one of Dot and the one of Rob. :drool:

just fantastic.... this is one I have been after since long ago (like it better than the normal form) but have never seen it offered (neither cheap nor expensive)
Nurseries here in Germany stock these plants from time to time - but they've got mostly only few plants for sale. Therefore they don't occur in there sales lists and you must definitely ask for plants. That's my experience and I purchased mine in this way.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Hi Rudolf,

that's what I have done... sending e-mails like crazy... ;) many nurseries just sent me their updated lists from time to time without being requested, but I have not seen this plant yet... same for other plants I want... I keep trying :)

just fantastic.... thi sis one I have been after since long ago (like it better than the normal form) but have never seen it offered (neither cheap nor expensive)

Ramon, I recently saw one being offered on ebay (from seller from thailand) for 1,200-1,300 GBP!! LOL!!! But now the listing has ended!

Apparently the judges at the Michiana OS show this past weekend thought so, also. They awarded it with an AM with 86 points. It now has the clonal name "Wacousta."

Thanks, everyone.

Awesome! Congrats! I hope they used the correct form name: Paph. charlesworthii fma. sandowiae.

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back