Paph callosum X Hsinying Web

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
I picked this guy up from Norito at our Aug workshop -08
PDRM0017-2.jpg

Alittle too dark but you can see how flat the dorsal is.
PDRM0018-1.jpg

I always thought a "flat dorsal" meant that the dorsal did not hang over the pouch but stood straight (er) up. Learn something every day.:D

Gorgeous!!!!! I love the colours!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Colouration and shape of this bloom are very impressive and you must have spent a fortune for the gold dust on it. :wink:

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

great!!! looks like having gold in it! Jean

Looks like it is flecked with gold dust.

Colouration and shape of this bloom are very impressive and you must have spent a fortune for the gold dust on it. :wink:

Best regards from Germany, rudolf
Oh gully geez:p It wasn't easy slipping my wife's jewelry out of the house to grind it up but it was worth it, to get this shot!:evil:

No really, this is some of my handy "lighting work" to get this shot. I probably couldn't do it again if I tried!

Oh gully geez:p It wasn't easy slipping my wife's jewelry out of the house to grind it up but it was worth it, to get this shot!:evil:

No really, this is some of my handy "lighting work" to get this shot. I probably couldn't do it again if I tried!

:rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

So that is why you got low lighting...:p

Dot,
Someone suggested I use supplimental lighting if I had to shot at night. I used 2 spotlights, incandescent, and a desk lamp with one of those new coiled fluorscent bulbs in it. Combination of light and camera settings must of given the appearence of gold. I'm sure I won't be able to repeat it,LOL!
The flower, itself, is vini but the center of the petals were the warts are, is faint greenish/yellow, almost transparent. The side shot shows this well.

Dot,
Someone suggested I use supplimental lighting if I had to shot at night. I used 2 spotlights, incandescent, and a desk lamp with one of those new coiled fluorscent bulbs in it. Combination of light and camera settings must of given the appearence of gold. I'm sure I won't be able to repeat it,LOL!
The flower, itself, is vini but the center of the petals were the warts are, is faint greenish/yellow, almost transparent. The side shot shows this well.
Thanks, Rick. I suspect it's the incandescent bulb that gave the gold color. Neat effect!

Latest posts

Back