Paph Booth's Sand Lady

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Currentely opened; Lady Isabel X sanderianum
P1020333.jpg

The other side
P1020335.jpg

I personally think this flower is too skinny and down right ugly but others may think differently.
P1020328.jpg

P1020336.jpg

And a final PIC
P1020338.jpg

Yes, it is probabily never going to win any awards, but it certainly has a unique look about it. I actually really like it. It will be nice when it has a few flowers on a spike.

David

The narrow dorsal is why I have never been a fan of sanderianums and most of its hybrids. Although there can be some exceptional hybrids . Most of the time the hybrids have roth in the backround. To each his own but I feel similar to Rick and Roy on this one.

It may not be what you were expecting/wanting but it is a first bloom, could it improve?

It may not be what you were expecting/wanting but it is a first bloom, could it improve?
Sure Rose, with more ugly flowers!:poke: All kidding aside, this plant got all sandie and very little to none of the (roth X stonei). I have two more plants of this cross, both with wider and shorter leaves. I expect to see more influence from the L. Isabel parent from them.

Sure Rose, with more ugly flowers!:poke: All kidding aside, this plant got all sandie and very little to none of the (roth X stonei). I have two more plants of this cross, both with wider and shorter leaves. I expect to see more influence from the L. Isabel parent from them.

The color seems to come from the stoneii which is its best feature.

David

:rollhappy::rollhappy:well with an attitude like that, one gets what they deserve! :poke:
:rollhappy: I understand what you're saying & you're probably right but we have seen some pretty big changes on second blooming .......
don't hold your breath?!

Latest posts

Back