Paph. (Benkei x leucochilum) x bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papheteer

Reaction score
Both flowers open now. Huge flowers but I wish they opened some more. They would have been truly humongous. I will try and stake next time it blooms.

it is growing in pure moss. Goes against the idea that brachies need to be grown drier than other paphs. I rescued it from root rot by putting it in moss a few years ago and have never repotted since. Now it’s just a solid ball of roots that needs to be watered every single day...

Oh and there's a noticeable scent of crushed peppers! Not pleasant!

AE4DACCF-CC35-4242-B958-4FD1BD317BA5.jpeg2331F65C-3702-4E56-A6EC-9BBCDD6CCE53.jpegD1FACB9E-1E86-4E44-86E7-AD4FE1FAAF8F.jpegFE138709-EB8A-4A63-A6B4-ED6C44ED409A.jpeg

Here are some pics of the first flower. A bit less open than the second:

5F68A79C-870B-45B5-BBFC-9B3F4D3A5A93.jpegAF515ED7-7B6B-430A-B736-D69C13E1FAB9.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice blooming, and growing in moss too! I think it works as it dries in balance with root absorption rate.

Another friend grows his brachies in semi water culture like leucochilums and bellatulums successfully. So any media will work if that balance is maintained.

Nice blooming, and growing in moss too! I think it works as it dries in balance with root absorption rate.

Another friend grows his brachies in semi water culture like leucochilums and bellatulums successfully. So any media will work if that balance is maintained.

Thanks dear. I saw the new roots took to moss aggressively so I didn’t move it. I wouldn’t dare pot a healthy plant with good roots in moss!

love this.... and rather like it with pendant inflorescence... always pi$$es off my judge friends.... i have a niveum in that same stance right now :)

Latest posts

Back