Paph. bellatulum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very beautiful!
Could you tell us a bit about your growing conditions?
Michael

I don't have the best cultural situation. Right now the plants are in an open 3 tier lightstand with 4 lamp fixtures. Today the humidity is 52% and the Temp. is 20 degrees C. There isn't much temperature variation from light to dark, even though the furnace is programed lower at night because they are in the basement. In May when the outside night temperatures get to around 9 degrees C I start putting the plants outside in a stand with shade shade cloth and lath. they stay there until the middle of Sept. when the night temperatures drop back down. Out side there is a very high variability between day and night. Lots of mornings I were a light jacket when I water and later in the day you can hardly stand the heat. Right now and since Jan. I water this plant every 7 days and it gets pretty dry, but I am one of those people that has to have a schedule and stick to it or everything goes south. I will start to encrease watering and hours of light over the next months to simulate spring I guess. The leaves on this plant are a little bit lighter than I seem to remember it over the last few years. I'm not sure why.
Don

Thanks for the info, Don. You hold such a huge temperature drop at night necessary for blooming?
Michael

Latest posts

Back