Paph Barbilight comparison

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

paphreek

Reaction score
I bought these from Oak Hill. They were inexpensive, fairly compact (some more than others), and easy to grow and bloom. Paph Barbilight = Barbi's Playmate x Nulight. They are also 1/4 barbigerum.
PaphBarbilight1.jpg

PaphBarbilight2.jpg

PaphBarbilight3.jpg

paphreek

Reaction score
My feelings are mixed. I like #3 for it's wider, flatter petals, but its leaf span is quite large. I like #1 for what you can't see, its small leaf span, but it still has narrow petals from the barbigerum grandparent. I agree with you that the dorsal is nice on #2, Ron

bwester

Reaction score
Man, i almost got one of these from them... I like the first one best. Nice Ross!!

Rick

Reaction score
I wish #3 had the spots and dark color of #1, but the shape is nice and flat and the white background is very nice on 3.

paphreek

Reaction score
Just thought I'd bump this thread with a picture of the next Paph Barbilight to bloom for me. Leaf span on this one is 8 inches. Color is about the same. This picture is taken under artificial light. I like the form much better on this one.

PaphBarbilight4.jpg

M

MoreWater

very very nice! I'll be delighted if one of mine blooms out like that. Do you have more in the works?

paphreek

Reaction score
MoreWater said:
very very nice! I'll be delighted if one of mine blooms out like that. Do you have more in the works?

Yes, I have more to bloom out. In addition to the ones I had, I got 10 more from Oak Hill when they came up for the show. I requested ones with smaller growth habit, so none of the new ten will bloom until at least next fall.

Latest posts