Paph Barbilight comparison

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought these from Oak Hill. They were inexpensive, fairly compact (some more than others), and easy to grow and bloom. Paph Barbilight = Barbi's Playmate x Nulight. They are also 1/4 barbigerum.
PaphBarbilight1.jpg

PaphBarbilight2.jpg

PaphBarbilight3.jpg

My feelings are mixed. I like #3 for it's wider, flatter petals, but its leaf span is quite large. I like #1 for what you can't see, its small leaf span, but it still has narrow petals from the barbigerum grandparent. I agree with you that the dorsal is nice on #2, Ron

Man, i almost got one of these from them... I like the first one best. Nice Ross!!

I wish #3 had the spots and dark color of #1, but the shape is nice and flat and the white background is very nice on 3.

Just thought I'd bump this thread with a picture of the next Paph Barbilight to bloom for me. Leaf span on this one is 8 inches. Color is about the same. This picture is taken under artificial light. I like the form much better on this one.

PaphBarbilight4.jpg

very very nice! I'll be delighted if one of mine blooms out like that. Do you have more in the works?

MoreWater said:
very very nice! I'll be delighted if one of mine blooms out like that. Do you have more in the works?

Yes, I have more to bloom out. In addition to the ones I had, I got 10 more from Oak Hill when they came up for the show. I requested ones with smaller growth habit, so none of the new ten will bloom until at least next fall.

Back