Paph. barbigerum alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
This is a first bloom seedling. I was surprised to see it bloom out to be an alba variety of the species. I never knew an alba variety existed. I like it though!

e-spice

9622.jpg

:clap: :drool: AWESOME!! :drool: :clap:
Ross will be knockin' on your door!

Wow, what a treat. You had no idea it was album from the seller? It's possible to have a mutation accure in a cross or selfing of normal colored forms.

Wow, what a treat. You had no idea it was album from the seller? It's possible to have a mutation accure in a cross or selfing of normal colored forms.

I remember a story of a barbigerum album, early 90's that was three quarter dead somewhere in the USA, and that was sibbed with a normal barbigerum to save the gene pool... It could well be a F2 from that story if it was a true story...

I know of at least 5 different barbigerum albums, not sure if they are all alive still. Not to mention coccineum album, there are 2 different ones, including one with red leaf base and pure gold yellow flower, and a yellow and white flower on a much smaller plant. Looking at the leaves, you have the real barbigerum album, not the coccineum stuff...

sorry to thread-hijack here but what about other albas? Is henryanum alba or christae or chaoi begin propagated anywhere? I've never seen it for sale even on taiwanese lists. what about purpuratum alba? is that plant still alive? what about other stuff? Anybody with any info on if people are propagating these things?

As an fyi, i'm pretty sure that barbigerum died by selfing...or maybe we're talking about different plants.

sorry to thread-hijack here but what about other albas? Is henryanum alba or christae or chaoi begin propagated anywhere? I've never seen it for sale even on taiwanese lists. what about purpuratum alba? is that plant still alive? what about other stuff? Anybody with any info on if people are propagating these things?

As an fyi, i'm pretty sure that barbigerum died by selfing...or maybe we're talking about different plants.

There are a few clones of henryanum album. I believe Sam T is propagating them but I am not sure. There are other barbigerum alba clones as well as coccineum. A purpuratum alba exists in the US and last I heard it is still alive.
vietn alba has been propagated and seedlings exist. stonei album seedlings exist. There are a bunch of hang album clones. I am sure someone has selfed it. Bunch of helenae album clone. Tonsum albums exist and seedlings had been made in the past.

is there really any difference between barbigerum album and coccineum album? I can't understand how they've been described as different species, but then again I;m more of a lumper anyways.

Paphio, do you know who has the purpuratum? Are they planning on releasing any offspring?

Thanks - what about the mastersianum album floating around awhile ago? anyone hear anything about it? what about emersonii alba?

Latest posts

Back