Paph Armeniacum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Dido !!
Mine is just open too..but I think is flower is small..how is yours cm?

Nice Dido !!
Mine is just open too..but I think is flower is small..how is yours cm?

this one is middle size of them

9 cm wide from Petal to petal and 8 cm high.
But the plant and the leaves are on the smaller size.

I am sure it will get bigger when the plant has more power.

Nice armeniacum you have blooming! Do you find better health of your plant if kept colder and drier in the winter months or do you water the armeniacums all year long the same?

Nice armeniacum you have blooming! Do you find better health of your plant if kept colder and drier in the winter months or do you water the armeniacums all year long the same?

In winter i reduce the content of water and spray more often.
I keep them very cool as all of my slippers.
some kinds dont like that.
Micranthum needs more water then they do at least my feeling.
I did not lose to dry as for micranthum
I only loosed armeniacum for to much water logging in the winter time in the soil.

Dido,

What day and night temperatures do you consider to be "very cool" ?

For me I let go it down in the starting of fall like it is, sometimes 5C at day and night. then I turn on the heating in the hole house.
After that tmep will not go under 10C maybe 8C at night.

Normlay as it is my office, I have it around 15C when I am in but not over 20C in winter time.
Sometimes I make it higher when I am cold so I think this stimulate them and is the same in nature. But dont forget after all they like sun a lot. Mine stay in the first row of the window, the once more behind never flowered.
Micranthum is the last row and emersonii.

Delenatii like the high light too but need even less water then armeniacum.

All depending my condition and my feeling.

By the way K-lite dont liked by armeniacum and micranthum, since I went back on my old fertilizer, chep one with cheap nitrogen source they speeded up again in growing.

Thanks for the culture tips Dido. I have done the same with water and sun light. but not the Klite. I was instructed to use Job's plant fertilizer sticks with my roths and they really grew fast this past summer a long with the K lite so maybe next spring I will try the same with the parvis.

For me I let go it down in the starting of fall like it is, sometimes 5C at day and night. then I turn on the heating in the hole house.
After that tmep will not go under 10C maybe 8C at night.

Normlay as it is my office, I have it around 15C when I am in but not over 20C in winter time.
Sometimes I make it higher when I am cold so I think this stimulate them and is the same in nature. But dont forget after all they like sun a lot. Mine stay in the first row of the window, the once more behind never flowered.
Micranthum is the last row and emersonii.

Delenatii like the high light too but need even less water then armeniacum.

All depending my condition and my feeling.

By the way K-lite dont liked by armeniacum and micranthum, since I went back on my old fertilizer, chep one with cheap nitrogen source they speeded up again in growing.

Its very nice!
I just repotted a micranthum alba and a normal one and I will do the armeniacums next. I have decided not to use any charcoal (alkaline) or lime in the mix this time. I have the feeling you must be extremely careful with alkaline ingredients. Even though they are ''limestone'' species they still seem to resond better to acid components. That's from my limited experience. Also I think micranthum likes to dry out quickly after water? If I lose that miranthum alba I will never forgive myself! So far so good:)

Latest posts

Back