Paph. appletonianum 'Rosalie' AM/AOS CCE/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e-spice

Reaction score
Here's my favorite plant from our show. It was grown by a good friend and fellow society member, Rosalie Peters. The differing heights of the flowers created a very striking effect. A beautifully grown plant.

It was awarded a 91-point CCE/AOS and upgraded to an 87-point AM/AOS.

IMG_5102.jpg

That lady knows how to grow a paph for sure!

Amazing display, both this one and the Leeanum. I'm jealous now, but I'm confident I only have a couple of decades to go until my plants look like hers.

Astonishing really. You do see Leeanum commonly grown as a specimen plant but not appletonianum. WOW. She is obviously a good grower.

David

That is one amazing clone and congrat to Rosalie! Where do you all live? How long has she had this clone? I'm doing good keeping a single growth alive!

That is one amazing clone and congrat to Rosalie! Where do you all live? How long has she had this clone? I'm doing good keeping a single growth alive!

Hi Rick - She's had it around ten years if I'm not mistaken. She got an AM on it in 2000 so this is the second AM for the plant. We live in East Tennessee.

Hi Rick - She's had it around ten years if I'm not mistaken. She got an AM on it in 2000 so this is the second AM for the plant. We live in East Tennessee.
Not to take anything from her acomplishment just a complaint about judges awarding a plant twice with the same award! An AM is an AM regardless of the points. It a waste of the owner's money Just MHO

Back