Paph appletonianum fma ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfDog1 (C. Williams)

Reaction score
Here is my Paph appletonianum. It appears to be an albine flower with a brown inflorescence. It also has very small darker spots on the petals. You can see them if you look at the 'actual' size of he pictures below. Olaf may be able to clarify if this is fma album or just appletonianum, but I still really like it. It has just opened today, so it may open a little more.

Enjoy,

Craig

These smaller shots are awesome! I'm having trouble with imageshack. I love the coloring. :D

I don't know if it's a pure albine form, but really a nice flower and great pics!

Craig, congrats to this superb flower - I would write forma albescense on the tag. So far as I know fm. albescense allows these small reddish spots on the flower.

Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Craig,

This one would be consider "albescens" which is the common term for "almost" albinistic flowers that have a bit of anthocyanin expression. My guess is that a selfing might produce true albino flowers.

Latest posts

Back