P. haynaldianum, new and final photo effort

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will be amazed what a nice off camera synch flash and a couple of neutral reflectors will do. If your friend has any exposure to commercial photography, you are in for a treat discussing orchid photography with him!

I use Pentax Full-frame and Hasselblad and Pentax Medium format for work. But honestly, for my orchid photos, I use an old iPhone 7 (I have been happier with this camera than subsequent models, I think they are a bit warmer) and a huge, south-facing bay window! Color-rendering is spot-on to what my eyes see. And depth of field is pretty darn good, as well. But not as sharp as your photos! I might have to play with my 100 macro and some black velvet sometime, though!

Last edited:
I've been amazed by iPhone pics too. It seems that I need to go to my SLR (and tripod!) though to get the shots I want. If I was using cameras all day for work, I know I'd be grateful for snapshotting my orchids with my phone. I don't get that many chances to "be creative" though. ;) Thanks for the great information and ideas.

Back