P. Alex's Spots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulS

Replated Protocorm
Reaction score
Hi all. I've not had much in the way of flowers for a while due to a young collection, but now some are starting to reach flowering size.

This Alex's Spots has both parents being alba versions (kolopakingii x lowii). I love it!!

PAlexSpots.jpg

Thanks everyone. Does anyone in Aus want some pollen? I only ask for a flask or two in return. I think it's pretty good for a first flowering.

The label says the parents are P. kolopakingii var album 'Fast Company' x P. lowii var alba 'Albino Beauty' CHM/AOS. Sorry, I can't confirm who made the cross, I bought the plant from Ivan in SE Queensland a few years ago.

Some stats:
NS 90mm
Petals: length 85mm, width 10mm
Dorsal: length 46mm, width 35mm
Lip: length 40mm, width 16mm
Plant span 730mm, with a leaf width of 65mm

I'll post a whole plant picture as soon as I can. I can't get the lighting right at the moment the yellow is too much for the camera.

Thanks everyone. Does anyone in Aus want some pollen? I only ask for a flask or two in return. I think it's pretty good for a first flowering.

The label says the parents are P. kolopakingii var album 'Fast Company' x P. lowii var alba 'Albino Beauty' CHM/AOS. Sorry, I can't confirm who made the cross, I bought the plant from Ivan in SE Queensland a few years ago.

Some stats:
NS 90mm
Petals: length 85mm, width 10mm
Dorsal: length 46mm, width 35mm
Lip: length 40mm, width 16mm
Plant span 730mm, with a leaf width of 65mm

I'll post a whole plant picture as soon as I can. I can't get the lighting right at the moment the yellow is too much for the camera.

How many flowers per spike? (can you post photo , please)
I have a Henrietta Fugiwara album opening soon - it would really only be worth doing the cross (in my mind) if the flower count might go up substantially from the kolo parent.

It has four flowers on the spike, now all open simultaneously. I'm happy to send you pollen if you want to make the cross.

AlexSpotsSpike.jpg

Paul,
Thanks for the offer.
My plant is rather small and there would be some risk in it carrying a pod (would do it if yours has lots of flowers - might next time.)
Lets keep the cross in mind - perhaps save some pollen in tissue paper in the fridge???

Latest posts

Back