Our Phrag Petite Queillette

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
Nothing very special but I wanted to share because I made the cross. It is the first plant to flower of the cross @ 20 months out from flask.

017baa7c96e214f3bfc600f3036e0f2b.jpg

And this is to compare the color with besseae and dalessandroi

1529a24f5689b7b3d9d43dc7e0ddf0a5.jpg

Enviado desde mi SGH-I337M mediante Tapatalk

Yay besseae hybrids! Are you sure that that is a besseae and not a Jersey?

Do you mean the plant I used as pollen parent? The limit between besseae and dalessandroi is not a sharp line... I used a wild plant with very good color (I posted It a couple of years ago as besseae Wild Red) but poor shape.

No, I mean the bloom on the left. BTW, is the photo indoors? And if so, what lighting do you use?

The bloom in the left is a division of a wild collected plant. It has the synsepal larger than the pouch and typical dal staminode but the petals are much better shaped than in classical dalessandroi. Kyle said a copule of years ago that it is dalessandroi but I have not seen enough plants to give a educated opinion.
The plants are growing in a greenhouse not artificial lighting.

Maybe too warm for the roth? :eek:

Eric, could be. We moved from 950m to 2700m. Here climate is quite cool. Phrags love it but night temperature could be too low for some Paphs. In any case I am not breeding with Paphs anymore.

Last edited:
I cheched the labels and Tom and Eric are partially right. It was made using Jersey . The correct Petitte Queillette were deflasked a few months later so they would be in bloom soon also. Hope a better shape! I made the registration of this one as Phrag Eloy. The name of my second son, who born the same day the plant was in flower.
5addb440278583ad034c1c1136713c65.jpg

Back