Green Hornet growing in "Ecoweb"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eteson

Phragmad
Reaction score
We tried to grow some phrags over the "Ecoweb" from Ray and they love it!.
This is the cross that we made using a peruvian pearcei and our best longifolium.
The plants are pearcei sized and the flowers can last more than 30 days.6a99dd132379399d51bf259b6dd78af8.jpg

Enviado desde mi SM-J700M mediante Tapatalk

Nice, how/ how often do you water it? Is that the water source on top and it trickles down from the white tube?

Yes, there is a water tank (~20 liters) in the base and the pump turns on every 4h for 30mins with a timer. The key is to use good quality water and replace it every 10 days max.

I'm trying to imagine the set up in my greenhouse as well.
I grow a lot of mounted Phal. species and primaries, but I
do have to hand water every day. I'm rather intrigued
with this method and can't argue with the beautiful results.

The setup is quite simple and works fine. The only problem could be salt buildup if you cannot use RO water. Also it requires regular checking of the pump.

Mineral buildup is not much of an issue, as the polymer itself does not absorb water, and any residues from drying will be easily washed off with regular watering.

It's hard to get the roots out of the epiweb intact when you're repotting. I have seen massive salt build up on the epiweb of mounted plants I got from a vendor, so it can happen. I don't know anything about their water quality or watering routine, or how long the plants were on the mount. It didn't seem to bother the plants though.

A very interesting method I like very much make the plants look less cultivated, I could see this being used as great method of doing natural planting in glass houses and on a display for shows.
Congratson a lovely bloom and plant.

Latest posts

Back