OSA Show 2009 Haul

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was holding fisherii and dalessandroi in my hands today :)
Unfortunately I didn't carry enough cash. But someone lucky would have brought them home. I must get a dalessandroi eventually though, it was too pricy for me today ($185 USD :eek:).

I got a excellent besseae, cattleya rex, cattleya quadricolor and laelia briegeri. I'm happy I got besseae with three growths and in spike :)

Nice hauls you guys. :D

I picked up a few myself today:

Paph. primulinum var purpurescens in bloom (Paramount)
Paph. Phonm Penh (which got accidentally beheaded on the way home :( ) (Paramount)
Paph. (Pulsar x Clair de Lune) x sukhakulii (Forestview)
Masdevallia pumila pink (Ecuagenera)
Masdevallia Angel Tang in bloom (J & L Orchids)

I took a ton of photos, which I'll post in a separate thread.

I also won a third place ribbon for my Paph. primulinum photo. :D

Congrats Jo!
It sounds like everyone got some good stuff, besseae w/ 3 growths and in spike! :drool:
BTW, dalessandroi is close enough to besseae that the fischeri is a better pick-up, also they bloom on much smaller plants, sorry Dennis!:eek:

I was holding fisherii and dalessandroi in my hands today :)
Unfortunately I didn't carry enough cash. But someone lucky would have brought them home. I must get a dalessandroi eventually though, it was too pricy for me today ($185 USD :eek:).

I got a excellent besseae, cattleya rex, cattleya quadricolor and laelia briegeri. I'm happy I got besseae with three growths and in spike :)

Congrats on getting the 3 growths besseae! Hopefully Ecuagenera will have such great plants for our sale next month. Seems like they increased their price! Last year when I got the dalessandroi from them they charged less.

Kyle, I'll wait for your reply, thanks!:wink: I got an invoice from Ecuagera for pre-order and I just cannot figure out how they came up with the handling fee!

Paph. Phonm Penh (which got accidentally beheaded on the way home :( ) (Paramount)

Nice buy Joanne, and congratulations!!!! Waiting for the pics. :) ! Jean

Nice haul Jo! I look forward to see the sukhakulii hybrid (I love those spots!)

fischeri was much cheaper at $85, but really I was out of cash at the time. And yes the fischeri were really compact as Eric said!! It was nice to see the plants for a short period though

Seems like they increased their price! Last year when I got the dalessandroi from them they charged less.

Its the US exchange. Last year when you bought it was nearly even. Now its something like 1.25 - 1.30. Makes a huge difference.

Kyle, I'll wait for your reply, thanks!:wink: I got an invoice from Ecuagera for pre-order and I just cannot figure out how they came up with the handling fee!

Can you send me the invoice? Thanks!

Kyle

CONGRATS on the photo! Looks like you had a nice haul too! Tis the season for Angel Tangs!

So I returned to the show today to pick up my Selenipedium I pre-ordered from Ecuagenera... only to find that they didn't bring it! I also missed out on the fischeri Fren said they had yesterday. So, naturally I had to cope with the disappointment by buying some more plants! Here they are:

Dend. nobile (in bloom)
Dend. parishii
Paph. vietnamense (my second one from this show)
Paph. rothschildianum
Paph. sanderianum
Paph Yi-Ying Green Coral (in bud)
Dend. victoria-reginae
Cochleanthes candida
Otaara (SL. Psyche x Ctna. Why Not)

I will post a photo of the Dend. nobile later.

A great show overall; I never have plants in bloom in time to show them but I got two third place ribbons for some photos I entered.

Congrats on your ribbons Joe!

I bet one of your photos is in the top right hand corner with the white ribbon isn't it? Looks an awful lot like your avatar. :D Mine is to the left of yours a bit.

IMG_1838.jpg

Congrats on your ribbons Joe!

I bet one of your photos is in the top right hand corner with the white ribbon isn't it? Looks an awful lot like your avatar. :D Mine is to the left of yours a bit.

IMG_1838.jpg

Yes the Satin Smoke was one; the other was of my Cyp reginae which was part of my "Window to the Garden" display, which was four Cyp photos mounted on an old window.

You got that primulinum var. purpurascens from Paramount didn't you, Jo? I brought my mom to the show and she was freaking over it but I don't really like Cochlos :p.

By the way, your photo was really good!

Latest posts

Back