'Orchids in the Park' Show and Sale, SF, CA

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Leo_5313

I went to to San Francisco Orchid Society's Orchids in the Park Show and Sale this morning (going on Sep 15 and 16, 2012) at the County Fair Building in the Golden Gate Park.

Within several minutes after the I walked in (I arrived 15 minutes after the door opened at 10 am), all the Phrag. Fritz Schomburg were gone, but I managed to get one! I am very happy with it! It is deep pink and comes with a flower and a bud! I tried my best to reproduce the actual color in the pics below.

I also got a bellatulum- my first and only bella so far and of course, I had to purchase at least one standard complex. Nowadays, I like henryanum's influence in standard complexes- the pink pouch is likely coming from henryanum. This cross is (green complex x henryanum x green complex). This is its first flower, opened not long ago, and there is another bud coming. Hope that in next blooming, the shape (especially the petals- hope that they will flatten out later) will improve- but I love the color combination!

All plants were purchased from Dean at Paphiness. He has many phrags and paphs (to note many Doll's Kobold are in bloom)! I looked for the cross that produced the white phrag that Dean posted in Ebay a while ago that some of us (including me) were bidding on but did not win- he did not have any one like that- there was, however, one very similar in shape, but it was light blush pink- not sure if it was from the same cross.

I also saw other kovachii hybrids in buds for sale by another vendor and also an incredible Paph. Iantha Stage, which I was tempted to get.

:D

Phrag_Fritz_pic1.jpg

Phrag_Fritz_pic2.jpg

Paph_bella_pic.jpg

Paph_henry_pic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice aquisitions!!!! Are they 1 growth plants? and, a good Iantha Stage would be nice too :) !!! Jean

The bella has one growth, the Fritz has one mature growth and a tiny new growth, the bulldog has a mature and a medium growths. :)

Yay besseae hybrids! Dean gets his plant from OZ and I heard Terry has skads of besseae crosses that should be light/pale. Did you get any photos from the Show and Sale?

Yay besseae hybrids! Dean gets his plant from OZ and I heard Terry has skads of besseae crosses that should be light/pale. Did you get any photos from the Show and Sale?

Hi Eric,
No. I did not get any pic from the show. I was there only for ~30 minutes. :)

Latest posts

Back