Quantcast

Orchid Paintings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

P

PHRAG

There are some very talented artists out there who use Orchids as a subject. I wanted to share with you a painting I just bought from an artist named DeeJay. That isn't his full name, but to find that out you have to buy a print or painting from him. :)

Trust me, you will not be disappointed with anything you purchase from him. Here is a recent painting I purchased. I haven't had a chance to have it framed yet. I present to you Neofinetia falcata var. syutenno by DeeJay.

I own about 300 pieces of original art, signed lithographs and prints. I can honestly tell you that this painting is now in my top three favorite paintings. You can see DeeJay's website here... http://www.orchidartist.x2cms.com/

I have commissioned a second painting, and I am hoping DeeJay will post here and give us a preview and tell us a little more about his art.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
That's amazing. I can't even imagine the talent required to do that. Just look at all those perfectly drawn crisscrossing leaves, petals, nectaries, and stems. Just amazing.

P

PHRAG

When you see it in person, it takes your breath away. There are imperfections on some of the leaves just like a real plant would have. No detail has been overlooked, right down to the semi-transparent look of the root tips.

Heather

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
Ah-ha! I knew it had to be you....
first a Neo, then mysteriously, Deejay's working on a new one of besseae?

I love the Neo, I followed that thread over at OSF and was fascinated by the progress and method used. I can't wait to see the next one!

Congratulations DeeJay, you are most talented (I saw your work in Orchids Magazine a few months ago as well).

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
SlipperFan said:
Excellent work, indeed!
And that from somebody who does excellent work, herself...

I wish I had even one iota of talent when it came to art. I can barely design an orchid exhibit, and there the plants do most of the work.