OCSA winter show - the slippers

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
The size of the paph insiagnes at the show blew my mind.. :drool::drool::drool: I have never seen suzh huge specimens of paphs before... The largest plant had 15 spikes, but unfortunately they were not well presented. A smaller plant had better presentation:
Paphinsigne3.jpg

Paphinsigne4.jpg

Paphinsigne5.jpg

Paph Lyrup:
PaphCharliesGirl.jpg

A very well shaped Paph (Onyx x Mystic Jewel):
PaphOnyxxMysticJewel1.jpg

Paph spicerianum:
Paphspicerianum.jpg

A well grown Paph sukhakulii with 4 flowers:
Paphsukhakulii-1.jpg

Paphs from the last monthly show:
Paphs.jpg

:):)

Oops, sorry, made a mistake. The paph i said was Paph Lyrup is actually Charlie's Girl. Here's the Paph Lyrup:
PaphLyrup.jpg

And 2 phrags at the show:
My first time seeing a Phrag Jason Fischer with 4 spikes 'in the flesh'. Too bad there was only 1 fresh flower. The older fowers at the topmost spikes has already become crumpled:
PhragJasonFischer.jpg

Phrag Sedenii:
PhragSedenii.jpg

Paphioboy, thanks for the pics, very nice.
Did you see the Paph leucochilum in the pic of last monthly show ????
Nothing like a leuco', the seller on the label seems to have had a large problem with wrong names, I have a similar flower from a Parvi cross seedling I bought from them.

Thanks for those picts.!
Insigne is quite impressive, I like the colors of Lyrup and of this white-green Onyx X Mystic Jewel ..., but best the Paph. sukhakulii!!!
The blooming Phrag Sedenii seems to not yet have the 'monster' size of Candace plant :):) !!
Jean

Paphioboy, thanks for sharing your pic's.
This P. insigne is really impressively cultivated and a fine specimen. Although it is always said P. insigne is a beginners plant not everybody is able to grow it well.
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Last edited:
Thanks, John... The exact same plant was labelled as Cardinale at the last monthly show, but this time labelles as Sedenii. Maybe its just a mistake...

Did you see the Paph leucochilum in the pic of last monthly show ????
Nothing like a leuco', the seller on the label seems to have had a large problem with wrong names, I have a similar flower from a Parvi cross seedling I bought from them.

wow! You can even see the name on the label, Roy.. :p I think it a nice plant nevertheless. I would keep it if I was the owner.. :)

This P. insigne is really impressively cultivated and a fine specimen. Although it is always said P. insigne is a beginners plant not everybody is able to grow it well.

I agree, Guru.. Although it is often recommended as a beginner's plant, I guess it only does well in cool climates. I certainly would not be able to grow it well in M'sia.. :( But i am really impressed by its vigour, as the older growths don't seem to die back even when the newer ones emerge. its about time someone selected a more warm-growing strain of insigne.. :)

Latest posts

Back