Now playing?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Riders of the Purple Sage...a radio concert from Connecticut, recorded last Thursday.

Blue Öyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper , one of my favorite songs!:D

Jimmy Cliff...recorded August 3 in Ohio....he sounds as good now, if better, than he did back in '72!

Miles Davis, recorded in Germany(?) October 22, 1971....excellent sound quality.

I'm listening to an old album by Paul Simon, "There Goes Rhymin' Simon" from 1973 (remastered on CD with bonus tracks) :)

Richard Thompson...a concert recorded in 1990, in Staten Island (!)...just before that, a concert with John Cale and Chris Spedding, recorded in 1988.

Album "The Hundred In the Hands" (Sep. 2010) by The Hundred In the Hands... just fantastic!

Yet another Richard Thompson...his latest album, Dream Attic. His best album in over 15 years...recorded live with his new band. I'm going to see his band on Saturday.....should be fantastic!

Bob Dylan, recorded last Tuesday in Nashville. Unusually good....I can actually recognize the songs. Maybe its my imagination, but it seems that he is sounding and singing more like Tom Waits these days.........

can't remember what is sitting on my turntable at the moment, but 90% of the time it is something by Guided by Voices...

I know this isn't what I'm listening to, but I wanted to post it online for people with a sense of humor who play the card game of hearts

Here is a Song about the Game of Hearts, which of course can be very aggravating! - You Gotta Hate Hearts' (created by Bruce Freedman, Woburn, Ma)
-sung to the song "You Gotta Have Heart" by the Damn Yankees

You Gotta play Hearts,
Where the points hit you like darts,
It's a horrible Crime
You eat the Queen the first time,
And then it starts,
You start to hate Hearts.

You're annoyed,
Cause the pass screwed up your void,
And now the Queen you just got
On that pass shows that you're not
Just paranoid,
You're annoyed.

You try to shoot,
But the cards just don't distribute,
So instead of stayin' alive
You go and eat twenty-five;
A puppy shoot
Stinking suit.

Once again you lose
Cause you got no stinking twos,
The language is getting obscene
You're three just ate the Queen,
What's the use,
You just lose.

Use your smarts
Before your score goes off the charts,
The other players are low
You think you're safe but then NO!
Ouch, that smarts,
You gotta play hearts.

Just finished a fantastic concert...the reunion of Buffalo Springfield at the Bridge School benefit on Oct 24.....they sound unbelievably good....Neil Young especially (no surprise there...). Now I'm listening to the Grande Mothers Reunited....recorded a few days ago in Paris, Oct. 31....some of the members of the original Mothers of Invention..again, sounds really good.

Tuck & Patti "Tears of Joy"... I had almost forgotten they exist.. and yesterday a friend gave me this CD... :)

Back