North Jersey Orchid Show (1/17 - 1/19)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eOrchids

Reaction score
Strawberry Blossom Garden & Home Center
1364 Route 23 Wayne, NJ 07470

F-S: 9-6
S: 9-4

Vendor:
Dragon Argo
J&L Orchids
Kelley's Korner
Orchidphile
Mount Prospect Orchids
Parkside Orchids
Piping Rock Orchids
Ten Shin Gardens

Thanks Eric. I will be there Friday and maybe Sunday. I am trying to contact Matt about some plants also.

Eric, I still have your plants and could meet you at the show one of those afternoons. I am on schedule to work this weekend, but wouldn't be there very long. Imagine being at a show and not responsible for having to do anything! :) Would be my first non-nys show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric, I spaced and thought that the show was this weekend. Just noticed it's middle of January... We still could meet sometime when you're going to be working on the trains

I went to the last NJOS meeting a few days ago, and was recruited by John Sullivan to help clerk the judging (which is fun). Some excellent plants at the meeting and one member selling his minis which he grows in a cave! I'm sure he'll have his PNG dendrobiums in a display, which is worth the trip

aza8unyq.jpg

Orchids on show table

y3u4evuj.jpg

John Sullivan showing some of the show table entries

8etada2e.jpg

emy7e9e3.jpg

enype2yg.jpg

iPhone with flash isn't best way to capture flowers, but shows you some color punch. I'll also have my native orchid educational display so come check it all out!

I went to the Show on Friday for judging and met up w/ CNYCharles who was there to help also. I will post photosw but, the lighting for the venue is pretty bad, (greenish), as shown by these photos with and without the camera flash.

Some vendors; Parkside,

Dragon Agro,

J&L

Kelly's Korner.

My loot! A couple of Restrepias, some Paphs from Bloomfield that Charles has been holding for me, A couple of Oeceoclades from Ten Shin, some supplies, and a Dendrochilum glumaceum in spike, another Tolumnia, and some live moss.

CNYCharles inspecting some Piping Rock products from a distance!!

I had to step back or else they may have found their way into my bag, and I had a tight budget

I bought a phal maculata from orchidphile, a dendrobium senile in bud from ten shin gardens, a slipper orchid magnet from dragon agro and ordered a pleuro mystax from j&l who is going to bring it in today. A lot of very interesting things and very nice displays and orchids!

Latest posts

Back