North Jersey Orchid Show (1/15 - 1/17)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was clerking and trying to stay out of everyone's way and trying to keep notes of what received awards and passing info to other clerks in team so I only very briefly got a chance to look around
I was also trying very hard not to buy anything :) but did end up buying that cymbidium of all things which was $40 :eek: though it is very pretty and the flowers and stem closely resemble a striped coralroot! (Corallorhiza striata). Doesn't have fragrance yet though I'm assuming it will
I tried looking up cym pots online to put it in but the first ceramic ones I found cost almost as much as the orchid $38 :eek: again
(Plastic looks good enough for now)
And I did see and talk to 'Main Street mike' from here; the phal lindenii and ancistrochilus pics here were from his sales area, lindenii had the largest flowers I'd seen of that species, and one ancistrochilus I think mounted had two flowers on a spike! The man is an excellent grower :)

My original plan was to limit my purchase to just 2, but I ended up with 11. :D

I wanted some cymbidium. Matt had so many good ones.

I think nice clay cymbidium pots are usually costly.
I have two and they were each $40 at least, and these are considered cheapest. lol

One day, I want to spend some money on really nice pots, but now, I would use that money to buy more paphs. ;)

I met eOrchids there and after buying some things.... :p, me not him, we went to meet Ty T., in the Rutgers floral greenhouses, where he keeps the orchids. I'm at work so no posting photos.

Varvara 'Penn Valley' AM/AOS (Clari de Lune x fairrieanum)

It noted the name because I thought it was very strange.
My first thought upon looking at these flowers was fairrieanum crossed on to spotted bulldog of some sort.

Those flowers of spicerianum from Glen are amazing!!! I really wanted it. should have talked to him.

Thanks! I could see fairrie too... !! But didn't think about a Maudiae type with it!!!

Forgot one of the awarded plants, phrag inti's tears

2f9a62fe414ef10461e6cb361a750fae.jpg

67c883c3019962a4bbc235c697f4376e.jpg

Elmer Nj

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back