Norito Hasegawa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Finally!

Back in June, the tip of the sheath was just barely poking above the center of the growth.
I knew it would take a while, but, boy!

I bought this from Glen Decker of Piping Rock Orchids two years ago as a mature plant. It has doubled in leaf span (currently about 15 in) and went from one to four fans.

The flower began opening three days ago. It is always fun to watch parvi flowers open. They just quickly swell up. Quite fascinating! :)

The flower is yellowish green as these typically are, and has a width of 12cm. It looks quite large.
The spike stands about 21 in. It is very sturdy and did not need staking, but I did anyway in case something happens.

No fragrance.

I want some more netting marks on the petals and solid dark center on the staminode on my other Norito Hasegawa, but I'm quite happy with this one for now.

The weather is bad here today. I should take better pictures when sunny.

NH_zpsxvpz9mdp.jpg

NH1_zpsjklrmpfh.jpg

A peek inside the toilet bowl. lol

NH2_zpsq3ckicd5.jpg

Very nice!!! I like the foliage, curious to know under what temps did this bloom? Rumor has it has to cold

Nice. Weird that it has no fragrance.

Well, not even all malipos are fragrant. Armeniacum I doubt is known for being fragrant, so mixing the two.
It is not that strange at all that NH is not scented.

The only parvi that I have that is fragrant (that is noticeably so, not super faint, imaginary kind of level) is Mem. Larry Heuer. I can walk by it and detect the fragrance.

Then, again, this NH is fresh open, so who knows the fragrance might kick in soon.
I'm sniffing the flower every morning, just in case. :D

Very nice!!! I like the foliage, curious to know under what temps did this bloom? Rumor has it has to cold

I grow all my paphs in the same area. This particular one is placed about one foot away from south window with sheer curtain.
So it gets bright light all day. The night temperature can be around 30C (summer day) to 70C ( cloudy winter day), usually in between.
The night temperature is usually above well over 20C in the summer, and 20-17C in the winter. So it is not cold at all. Not even cool.

I understand that malipoense is found in wider range of elevations in nature than armeniacum. I also hear many people complain about armeniacum.
I love yellow flowers, but since NH is known to be easy and make wonderful yellow to yellowish green flowers, I don't need armeniacum and save myself stress. :)

Interesting, thanks!!! Chiming in on fragrant paphs, I have a randsii hybrid that smells up the whole room in bloom, and also m.l.h. with very, very faint fragrance

Latest posts

Back