NOID Phrag

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fbrem

given to me by friend. huge plant (~80-90cm tall), first bloom was nice, second deformed pouch, 3rd small and pale (from bringing it home), the 4th is a twin (2 buds from one node, never seen that before). Who knows what surprises the 5th bud from the main spike and the buds from new branch coming from the lowest node will have in store for me.

DSCF7626.jpg

Forrest

I would go with either Sorcerer's Apprentice or Urgandiae. I don't see a 50:50 dose of longifolium in there, it could be the backcross, (Sorcerer's Apprentice x sargentianum)

If you are not using the plant for breeding, it is not quite so important to be absolutely sure of the name. The wide, boxy look of the pouch leads me to think Urgandiae. I would go with Urgandiae over Sorcerer's Apprentice.

By the way, both crosses can be incredibly floriferous. It is possible to get 25 or more flowers off a single inflorescense. My Urgandiae branches nicely, and flowers off the same stem off and on for 2 or so years.

Thanks Leo and everyone else. Not breeding so the name is not critical, was just curious because it is a really big plant and may want to sell/trade it someday to make room. It really is a great bloomer though.

Back