No car here any more

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Berrak

Preparing for my 5 m2 green house in my garage.

First the garage side - well isolated by the way its built.
It will not be freezing temperatures inside. Newer hot in summer.

Garage-sida.jpg

From the front and my house. Drawback - has to carry a lot of water outside.
Doors are facing north.

Garage-front.jpg

What a mess. Had to move everything from back.

Garage-mess.jpg

In the past before drainage around the garage water came into the garage and a concrete was set in order to get the water flowing from the back.
It has been a tuff jobb removing the concrete and today I am ready.
Now I have to clean up and week 22 the green house will arrive.

Hard-work.jpg

Now it will be fun when the hard work is over:rollhappy:

Will be continued..........

You know when your an orchid addict when you decided to turn your garage into more growing space!

Sounds like a fun project! Keep us posted...

Although the garage looks different from the outside, the inside looks quite american.:D

He previously stated that that way he could control the temps? I didn't really get it but...:confused: Personally, I would just extra insulate the walls, put in a vent and add HID lighting to use the whole space.

I would just put a greenhouse roof on top of the existing garage and run a water line out to it. :rollhappy:

Leave existing garage, put greenhouse on top. Walk from lawn into
door of greenhouse. Of course, it would look like your on stage when
working out there. Good Luck! Wish we could do a greenhouse. Clark

Some explanations.

I have already used 15 m2 outside so I cant put up anything more outside - rediculous Swedish rules. And I am definitley not allowed to put something on top of the garage.

I can have 70-80 % humidity in the green house but I cant have it within whole garage and anyway I need the other space for storing.

Water into the garage - maybe next year.

I can stop growing in a room in the house - which my wife like to have for another purpose.

I will have much better temperatures - lower then I can give my cold/intermediate plants in spring and early autumn.

Checked this morning - 20 dec C were I have my orchids that like low temp. - 10 deg C in the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much time now - watering and building take all free time.

1. Sunny days - building frames.

bygga.jpg

2. Mat inserte by a friend

sooon.jpg

3. Main finished

main-ready.jpg

Tonight i built a frame of impreganated tree wich I insalled under the greenhouse frame so it will be 10 cm higer. 203 cm instead of 193 cm.

Tonight i built a frame of impreganated tree wich I insalled under the greenhouse frame so it will be 10 cm higer. 203 cm instead of 193 cm.

Oh impregnated WOOD/LUMBER! After you're done maybe you can build a house inside the greenhouse; and then a green house inside the house...
:poke:

Much different than I expected. Will you be using artificial lights?

Of course 3 x 150 W Metal halide and 2 x 58 W flourescent lamps.
Also control unit for humidity and temperature. Humidifier, heater, fan.

At last the house is ready - need only to take in electricity and then I can start. Very tired at the moment due to building the house ready all the whole weekend.

atlast.jpg

Congrats on your new gh :clap:!!!! I would like to see it completely done and full with orchids...:)

Orchid people do crazy things! I have got to watch this thread to see how this turns out! Congrats Berrak! Question: When you water, where will it run off too?

Orchid people do crazy things! I have got to watch this thread to see how this turns out! Congrats Berrak! Question: When you water, where will it run off too?

I will water into a bucket and throw away the water outside.

Testing light right now.Will start with this

2 x 150 W metalhalide

light1.jpg

2 x 58 w flourescent lamps

light2.jpg

Latest posts

Back