Night Blooming Cereus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4am photo - - It finally faded! I was told that it last between 1-3 hours! It lasted 8 hours!

Still one bud on this side and two on the other side! I won't stay up for the full course next time!

Thanks for bearing with me! Enjoy!

4am8-23-06.jpg

These cactus are great....I have an enormous Epyphyllum chrysocardium...got it maybe 25 years ago from Frank Bowman, then the cactus curator of the Brooklyn Botanic garden...I gave him some cactus pieces...don't even remember what...and he took out his shears and asked me what I'd like. Its a huge plant...stretched end to end, the stems span a good 8 feet or more...indoors I wrap them around my plant stand and support some with plant hooks, all kinds of things to keep them in some semblance of order....the blooms come in early winter, frequently around NY's Eve. They open late, around 10-11...expand to about a foot in diameter. By morning the entire house is perfumed...even when the plant room door has been shut. Take care, Eric

Eric Muehlbauer said:
These cactus are great....I have an enormous Epyphyllum chrysocardium...got it maybe 25 years ago from Frank Bowman, then the cactus curator of the Brooklyn Botanic garden...I gave him some cactus pieces...don't even remember what...and he took out his shears and asked me what I'd like. Its a huge plant...stretched end to end, the stems span a good 8 feet or more...indoors I wrap them around my plant stand and support some with plant hooks, all kinds of things to keep them in some semblance of order....the blooms come in early winter, frequently around NY's Eve. They open late, around 10-11...expand to about a foot in diameter. By morning the entire house is perfumed...even when the plant room door has been shut. Take care, Eric
I would love to see a pic of it sometime

Marco said:
Peter, how bis is this cereus you have that bloomed?? would you be able to take a picture of the whole plant?

Here is a picture of the whole plant after it finished flowering! The table is 3' x 3'

FullPlantafterblooming8-30-06.jpg

Back