Nick Tanacci liquidation sale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is as bad as it gets!!! Why do we have to worry about this CITES crap? If I could, I'd order 2 sets, and live happyly ever after. I want to live in the U.S....

Don't you think most of these plants can be exported if you have the proper permits?

Come on over! :D

I would, and take over Nick's nursery as well, if I could pay for it! A nursery devoted to my favourite Paphies, ready to go…. Why couldn’t I win that lottery last week? I’d so much love to buy a set or two, but I’ll not spend stupid money on all the paperwork or rubbish that comes with it. I’ve been doing that once, and the additional cost to ship to Europe added up to almost the cost of the plants. And I lost 30% the plants due to the German red tape... Not again.

4476711918_42b89ec6d3_b.jpg

Well I did it. I bought a share. All of the stud and choice plants are spoken for but still have the other sizes for sale. You tell me what you want and how much you are interested in paying via a P.M. and will see what can be worked out.

I'll be #2 for your deal. Getting some of everything is more attractive to me. I really don't care about getting a "$1,000.00" stud plant since, with all deserved deference to Nick, means nothing until it's awarded. Besides, I already have an HCC on a cross I remade some years back (Paph. Sally Berndt 'Coco' HCC/AOS), so I'm not shooting for any awards, just nice plants!! :wink:

You are correct, which is why the first responder gets first choice here. At worse you would get 7 (50$) plants and a lot of seedlings for about 250$, which is still a good deal. If I don't get 4 other responders, I will probably not bother, just because its too many plants for me to find room for.

I’d like to make a request for members to start e-mailing me at home

[email protected]

rather than threw P.M. as I don’t want to run out of space in my P.M. box and am getting a number on inquirers. Still plenty left, in all sizes with the exception of the stud plants. Nothing in considered sold until payment in made.

I'll be #2 for your deal. Getting some of everything is more attractive to me. I really don't care about getting a "$1,000.00" stud plant since, with all deserved deference to Nick, means nothing until it's awarded. Besides, I already have an HCC on a cross I remade some years back (Paph. Sally Berndt 'Coco' HCC/AOS), so I'm not shooting for any awards, just nice plants!! :wink:
I'm the 3rd, we need one more to make this work!

splitting an order

As Rose noted we are looking for at least one or preferably 2 more people to split an order as had been outlined above, with each person getting about 50 plus plants, some from each size, seedlings to stud plants.
If anyone is interested please send me a note.

And if you are looking for smaller numbers of plants or more of a certain size seedling, get a hold of Bob, as he has an order he is splitting up himself.

If we don't get at least 4 people to split this, I think I will have to pass due to cost and sheer number of plants!

Hi John,
That is my my Pride & Joy!!! It's a Psyche (album...needless to say), which currently is working on a pod (x self) and 2 very vigorous new growths. It took quite a while for it to get going,....but right now, it seems VERY HAPPY. And so am I with it's performance.

Wow those plants are looking good, wish I could access a package or two. If you can get them you definitely should.

Hey why is he selling his entire collection? This guy is one of the great growers on the planet.

We have 4 confirmed people (Rose, Ross, Dave, and myself) planning on getting roughly equal shares, but can still add one more if there is interest. Our plants are to be shipped to me by Nick Mon or Tues, and once they arrive I will split them up with input from the group.
If there is still someone interested in a share, let me know ASAP, right now we are planning on splitting 4 ways, but we can do a 5 way split as well.
If we do the 5 way split, cost would be $250, plus shiping, and it will be as outlined before...the 4 way split will be similar, just with more plants in each section.
If others are interested in spliting 5 ways, I will get the plants, and do the split, with each person of the 5 getting about
(20) seedlings out of compots,
(12) 2 to 4 "seedlings,
(14) 4 to 7" seedlings, some of which might be in bud,
and (7) stud plants.
As far as splitting the plants up, I can e mail the list of stud plants once they arrive, and we can go thru choosing giving the 1st choice to the first responder, 2nd to the second, etc, then 6th plant choice would go back to the 1st responder again, etc until we are done.
I am not especially interested in the tiny seedlings either, but if you figure you will get 7 stud plants and a dozen larger seedling, it still is a nice package...e mail me if interested.
One can always donate seedlings to your local orchid society, or sell them here as Candice suggested.

It should be noted that though I initially wrote "Stud plants", what Nick has said is "Mature Select or Stud plants"

Does anyone remember the name of the brachy that Nick raved about in his select plant list several months ago? He said the plant foliage was bigger, and the blooms had improved substance and that he raised the price on the select plant, and the other seedlings of that cross. If anyone remembers, we can be on the lookout for it,if he has any left.(I went in with Bob for part of a share). Would be cool to see what Ross could do with it.

well, how could anyone not!?..........
I don't think it's possible to stop, being an orchid-man. I've tried it, once or twice and leart: It's easier not to breath!

Hi John,
That is my my Pride & Joy!!! It's a Psyche (album...needless to say), which currently is working on a pod (x self) and 2 very vigorous new growths. It took quite a while for it to get going,....but right now, it seems VERY HAPPY. And so am I with it's performance.

Excellent. THat's a beauty. Good luck reproducing it.

It's one of my best plants altogether.
And:
Yes, there will be flasks (loads of them!!!) if I don't screw things up that is... But...with Paphiopedilum I normally don't, cause I adore sowing them. It's going to be a matter of "what will I find inside the pod"?!

Latest posts

Back