Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
Hi,
I keep seeing people mentioning Slippertalk on other sites so I decided to register and take notes. As a quick intro: I'm mainly an Australian epiphyte and temperate terrestrial grower but I've had a shamefully token collection of a couple of Paphs for several years. As an example of being careful of what you wish for, I was talking to a friend who is into Paphs and I mentioned in passing that I like the Parvisepalums. He then gave me a seedling of armeniacum which I'm praying to God I don't kill. I'm a very average Paph grower so I doubt I'll have anything groundbreaking to contribute to discussions here but I look forward to learning a lot.
Andrew

Welcome to the forum Andrew.

There are two ways to learn about growing slippers in particular and orchids in general. One is by making growing mistakes and the other is by joining SlipperTalk forum. :)

Welcome from Luxembourg Andrew!!!! This is an excellent place to help you getting into growing slippers (and other genera); lots of good threads to read and learn from :) !! Jean

:clap::clap: WELCOME Andrew! Glad word of mouth works so well!
..... I'm a very average Paph grower so I doubt I'll have anything groundbreaking to contribute to discussions here but I look forward to learning a lot. Andrew
No worry there - it takes ALOT to be groundbreaking, I doubt that most of us qualify! :p

...I'm a very average Paph grower so I doubt I'll have anything groundbreaking to contribute to discussions here but I look forward to learning a lot....

...No worry there - it takes ALOT to be groundbreaking, I doubt that most of us qualify! :p

don't forget, i've always heard that in order to be considered an expert with orchids, you have to kill your weight in orchids.
i still haven't figured out if it's the fresh weight or dried weight of the plants...

I hope it's fresh... I don't want to kill that many more (but not sure I want to be classified as an expert at anything! :) ) plants than I already have...

welcome! by the way, there have been some very nice posts about armeniacum culture and potting techniques, and some absolutely amazing pictures of huge flowering plants, so take heart!

don't forget, i've always heard that in order to be considered an expert with orchids, you have to kill your weight in orchids.
i still haven't figured out if it's the fresh weight or dried weight of the plants...
Oh my -- I hope it's fresh weight. I'm probably fairly close to that goal!:wink:

Welcome to Slippertalk, Andrew. You will find we are all great enablers, for all kinds of orchids.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

there have been some very nice posts about armeniacum culture and potting techniques, and some absolutely amazing pictures of huge flowering plants, so take heart!

I have searched old posts on armeniacum and pulled up some great info.

Hello and welcome!!!!!

It would be very interesting if you could share pics of your terrestrials...:D

Oh no!:eek: While I do consider myself an expert (although, I realize that I will NEVER stop learning), I've never really defined exactly what makes me so, other than lots of time and practical experience; but, if that quote is the true measure of an expert, I must be some sort of Grand Poobah Orchid Expert! 'Been at it for 30 years and learned a lot; but, I know I've killed my weight (even dry weight!), in orchids many times over!:sob:

Welcome from Canada Andrew. 'Hope you have fun here and learn a lot of good stuff from the archived threads as well as the current and future ones!:D

Latest posts

Back