new to slipper forum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prismane

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been keeping orchids for about a year. Bought a tiny paph last christmas and got it to bloom.

Hi I live in Georgia. I got a raisin pie from carter and holmes and got it to bloom. My collection is mostly hybrid phals but I do have a couple of species.
I really like multifloral Paphs. I have a small rothschilds that I've had for a year. It has grown a little but nothing substantial. I also have a paph Michael koopowitz. I must admit I bought them on an impulse but I would love for them to bloom someday.

I love the look of the Michael Koopowitz hybrid. I just can't get over the look of the paphiopedillums. I've got some cattleyas and a couple vandas too. I have yet to kill an orchid and I've at least gotten most of my orchids to grow new leaves and roots, except for my rothschilds and michael koopowitz. I definitely think pahpiopdeillums are the most attractive of all orchids. If I could have the kind of luck with them that I've had with other orchids I would keep them exclusively.

Welcome to the forum!

You ain't met Phrags. yet!!! We can help you with that.:>)

Yes, Phrags! When I joined I came for the Paphs, but I stayed for the Phrags! So easy to grow and bloom compared to Paphs. They just get so big so quickly I can't keep that many of them.

Thanks. I did find out that phrags are easier than mutlfloral paphs but I kind of want to stick with what I have for now.

I love the look of the Michael Koopowitz hybrid. I just can't get over the look of the paphiopedillums. I've got some cattleyas and a couple vandas too. I have yet to kill an orchid and I've at least gotten most of my orchids to grow new leaves and roots, except for my rothschilds and michael koopowitz. I definitely think pahpiopdeillums are the most attractive of all orchids. If I could have the kind of luck with them that I've had with other orchids I would keep them exclusively.
Haven't killed an orchid? I've been told that to be considered experienced - you need to have killed 100 orchids. Another grower told me that that is incorrect - you need to have killed about 100 lbs of orchids. That could take a while. I'm almost experienced according to the first definition.:D

A grower that I worked for when I was in my teens told me you need to have killed at least your body wait. I think have done that over a decade ago.

well give it time. I have had luck for over a year so far. Even revived some junk plants from the bulk hardware stores.

Now that I am officially bored with the common hybdrid phals I am sure in no time I will become a proper orchid grower and kill some plants.

Latest posts

Back