New to paphs

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Hera

HI everyone,

I've been growing orchids for about three years, but just got into paphs about 6 months ago. SO far I haven't killed any and they are doing quite well. I've added a few in the past month and I've been reading this forum more and more, so I've decided to join officially.

Marie

Hi Marie - Welcome to the forum! Which ones do you have & what other ones have you been growing?

hi. i'm pretty sure within my first three years of growing i had killed several. good growin'!

Here's my current list:
Paph "Napa Valley" Makuli x curtisii
Paph Fredrich von Hayak 'Ember Glow' x farrieanum 'Glamor' (my avatar)
Paph Faunus purpurartum x charlesworthii

The rest are a mixed bag, encyclia crosses, compact catts, noid phals, 3 new masdies, a maxillaria, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I'm after a Paph Magic Lantern.

I have a Phrag Grouville that I'm not happy with. My environment seems to be better for paphs.

Nice to meet you all.

Marie:D

Here's my current list:
Paph "Napa Valley" Makuli x curtisii
Paph Fredrich von Hayak 'Ember Glow' x farrieanum 'Glamor' (my avatar)
Paph Faunus purpurartum x charlesworthii
The rest are a mixed bag, encyclia crosses, compact catts, noid phals, 3 new masdies, a maxillaria, and a partridge in a pear tree.
I'm after a Paph Magic Lantern.
I have a Phrag Grouville that I'm not happy with. My environment seems to be better for paphs.
Nice to meet you all. Marie:D

Off to a good start! We're here to help! What's the phrag doing? Looks like you have different light exposures. If you can succeed with masdies, phrags should be no problem!

SlipperKing, Near Youngstown.

goldenrose, its growing long out of the pot. Climbing sort of. It's just too big for the area and shelving that I can fit in my window. I might trade it off soon. I am happier with the way the paphs are growing. They're compact and prettier to look at when not blooming.

Attachments

• 7262008 007.jpg
    7262008 007.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 20
It looks just fine! I understand what you mean regarding it's growth habit!
Any takers or traders???

Not yet, I just brought the rest of my collection in from summering on the back porch, and I'm weeding out about 4 plants that I either have a duplicate of or is just too big for my area. It's #1 on the list because of the size, the leaves are taking a beating from moving it to the sink and back to water along with the other 23 plants. It's tag says Grouville, but I suspect it's actually a Don Wimber.

Attachments

• phragpics2 003forum.jpg
    phragpics2 003forum.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 9
  • phragpics3forum 002.jpg
    phragpics3forum 002.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back