Quantcast

New tank addition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

E

Eric Muehlbauer

Here is my latest tank addition, my first in a long time, a purplae tang. I also added a Hippopus clam, but the photo is blurry...Take care, Eric

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Awesome! Are those zoas in the bottom right??
Just got back from the frag tank, and I think a bigger tank is definitely in my future. The best part, the door prize I won was a 150w Metal Halide so I now have good prop tank lighting!

Jon
________
TOYOTA AURION SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
E

Eric Muehlbauer

Yes, those are zooanthids...they came free on live rock. At one point they were a plague in my tank, I even tried (unsuccessfully) injecting them with vinegar like aiptasia...but in the last few years they have become well behaved. Take care, Eric

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
I could only dream that my zoanthids would take over the tank, unfortunately the larger polyped ones I collect seem to grow much slower. I would love to see more pics of them, they are like the orchids of the reef to me. I haven't tried vinegar before, but I did zap a couple zoa polyps with a very strong kalk mix and they lasted all of about a day. The mushroom I zapped with it shriveled up and looked like it was dying, but I think I just made it mad.

Jon
________
HOT PENNY STOCKS

Last edited:
E

Eric Muehlbauer

Thanks!!! But I'll tell you, zooanthids can be a major pia......at their worst, they were interfering with the expansion and growth of the stony corals....in the past 2 years they have receded, still present, but deferring to other growth in the tank...whew! Take care, Eric

Latest posts