New tank addition

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

Here is my latest tank addition, my first in a long time, a purplae tang. I also added a Hippopus clam, but the photo is blurry...Take care, Eric

Awesome! Are those zoas in the bottom right??
Just got back from the frag tank, and I think a bigger tank is definitely in my future. The best part, the door prize I won was a 150w Metal Halide so I now have good prop tank lighting!

Jon
________
TOYOTA AURION SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:
Yes, those are zooanthids...they came free on live rock. At one point they were a plague in my tank, I even tried (unsuccessfully) injecting them with vinegar like aiptasia...but in the last few years they have become well behaved. Take care, Eric

I could only dream that my zoanthids would take over the tank, unfortunately the larger polyped ones I collect seem to grow much slower. I would love to see more pics of them, they are like the orchids of the reef to me. I haven't tried vinegar before, but I did zap a couple zoa polyps with a very strong kalk mix and they lasted all of about a day. The mushroom I zapped with it shriveled up and looked like it was dying, but I think I just made it mad.

Jon
________
HOT PENNY STOCKS

Last edited:
Thanks!!! But I'll tell you, zooanthids can be a major pia......at their worst, they were interfering with the expansion and growth of the stony corals....in the past 2 years they have receded, still present, but deferring to other growth in the tank...whew! Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back