New Seedlings

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm not remembering correctly, I think my model is the 300 or 350 and it uses about 3-5 gal per hour ( I have some mist heads that I haven't used for years rated at 0.5 gal per minute, or 30 gal per hour)

I was on the Jaybird Mnfc. site and the hobby size unit is now the Aquafog 700.

It says it has no pumps or float valves (which mine and David's have). Direct feed off your house line, but has a flow control valve.

There unit price is $500+

Are you referring to hygrometers (strictly measuring humidity) or humidistats (which control devices that make humidity). Are the 3 you have all right next to each other for comparison? If so then you probably need to junk one of them. But it wouldn't surprise me to see a 10% difference several feet apart in the same GH.

Actually as long as you have a hygrometer you trust, then the "accuracy" of any humidistat is irrelevant, since you just set it in to turn on/off your appliance in accordance to your most trusted hygrometer.

Actually, they are cheap devices that measure both temperature and humidity (separately). They don't control either one. I've put them side-by-side to see how close they are to one another. Two are within a degree or two of each other, and the third is way off. I have them in different parts of the greenhouse, and read them with a grain of salt -- especially the way-off one. But they give me an idea of what the humidity is.

I saw a fogger manufacturer in Taiwan. Strong unit and working on 1000psi. Could do about 100 nozzles and uses a 5 micron filter.
For the people in the eastern states, Camira Orchids is the agent for these fogger.

I saw a fogger manufacturer in Taiwan. Strong unit and working on 1000psi. Could do about 100 nozzles and uses a 5 micron filter.
For the people in the eastern states, Camira Orchids is the agent for these fogger.

This is definitely a true fogger, but isn't it pretty pricey?

Howard

Did you see my PM on Aluminet.?

Howard

Camira is selling in Australia for around $2500 including all the nozzles/piping It is probably good for a huge GH.
I don't know if it is too big for my hobbyist GH. I will find out more when I go to Taiwan next month, if they have a smaller unit.
Sorry, I don't know what your "PM on Aluminet" is????

Camira is selling in Australia for around $2500 including all the nozzles/piping It is probably good for a huge GH.
I don't know if it is too big for my hobbyist GH. I will find out more when I go to Taiwan next month, if they have a smaller unit.
Sorry, I don't know what your "PM on Aluminet" is????

The last time I checked the prices on GH size presure foggers, the bulk of the price was the preasure pump which seemed to be the same for large or small GH's, which is which I went with the Aquafog unit for under $500 (at the time). But you will get a superior fog with a high pressure unit.

Howard

Sam Tsui was telling me you can get good foggers from Taiwan very cheaply. He recommended this option rather than get stuff from the US.

David

Sam Tsui was telling me you can get good foggers from Taiwan very cheaply. He recommended this option rather than get stuff from the US.

David

Yes, at the TIOS show there was a new comer in this field and he was asking for US$550.-, but I did not know the quality and what the warranty is. The other problem is, the whole unit in the box is pretty heavy with all the compressor, piping, nozzle etc. And I don't know if my allowable baggage of 25kg can handle this. Or should I send it as unaccompanied baggage. See if he is still there at this year TIOS. I am bringing home some flasks too, maybe more than 6 allowed without permit.
The other day, there was somebody posted a link to a website which offers hygrometer, siphoned fertilising unit amongst other things, did you see this????. I want to buy the siphoned type fertilising unit.

Another pump on my Jaybird fogger went yesterday. Luckily I have a spare so I will have to fix it before I go to today as it is going to be hot here. I will have to get a couple of new pumps from JAybird as well. Given they have moved to pumpless foggers you wonder how much longer they will support the Jaybird 400.

David

Another pump on my Jaybird fogger went yesterday. Luckily I have a spare so I will have to fix it before I go to today as it is going to be hot here. I will have to get a couple of new pumps from JAybird as well. Given they have moved to pumpless foggers you wonder how much longer they will support the Jaybird 400.

David
Maybe they'll give you a credit toward one of their new ones?

Latest posts

Back