New paph species canhii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm. Now you're giving me too many good choices. I think any of those would aptly describe the flower. :evil:

Dear all.

Thank you very much for your concern and your commended.
As a person who involve directly in this species I have some commend as bellow:
- Most of you not living in Vietnam so you might not know well a bout Vietnam context related to orchid as specially Paph species.
- A good lesson learn from Paphiopedilum helenae in the past as some or most of you should know already so the location I did not gave to any one (except the people I trust and the some authorities - I know detail location from my GPS)
- This is a freedom forum so everyone can post whatever they think but you should think careful before you post because that is your image to everyone.
Finally.. wish all of you all the best and have more interesting orchids.

Canh Chu Xuan

Dear all.

Thank you very much for your concern and your commended.
As a person who involve directly in this species I have some commend as bellow:
- Most of you not living in Vietnam so you might not know well a bout Vietnam context related to orchid as specially Paph species.
- A good lesson learn from Paphiopedilum helenae in the past as some or most of you should know already so the location I did not gave to any one (except the people I trust and the some authorities - I know detail location from my GPS)
- Each person have their own interest so your commend a bout this species are welcome because this is the freedom.
Finally.. wish all of you all the best and have more interesting orchids.

Canh Chu Xuan
Cảnh, Wellcome to Slippertalk forum,
Can you post pictures of this orchid from the wild? Can you also tell us what other paphs growning around it, or the nearest paph? I don't think this would give away GPS location.
- Can you also commnet on Huyen and Phong, they are claimed that they are purchased this plant with you from the market !!!
Thanks,
BD

This link show some of my trip to see orchid.

http://www.rv-orchidworks.com/orchi...-photo-dairy-my-forest-trips-see-orchids.html

@baodai: I gave to Phong and Huyen each of them 2 plan from that trip and that is two different species but the other still not flowering so we still don't know what it is.
A lot of orchid trader ask me where I found it, I told them that I bought it from market, they even ask me more detail but what I told them is I don't remember. What do you think if they know where it come from???
I share my information with all our member in my orchid club and ask for their advice and we agree not sent any more photo to anywhere until it official recognize.

I think it is wise to keep the habitat as secret as possible for as long as possible. Whether people consider this species to be attractive or not, it's habitat is still threatened with destruction and overcollecting. Good luck to Canh Chu Xuan and his associates!

We bought some plants from the same patch with Huyền, Cảnh and Phong. So, I can almost guarantee that this plant was not discorvered by Cảnh,
BD

- Can you also commnet on Huyen and Phong, they are claimed that they are purchased this plant with you from the market !!!
Thanks,
BD

Here something dont like or dont understand,first you bought with them .......
and after them said to you...

Is absolutely better not to say with wich Paph it grows because collectors know the areas where other plants grows and so can trak back the location asking to locals about peoples movements and other species colonies...also collectors searching this new plant,if dont find,will collect lot of other species to compensate....

Here something dont like or dont understand,first you bought with them .......
and after them said to you...

Is absolutely better not to say with wich Paph it grows because collectors know the areas where other plants grows and so can trak back the location asking to locals about peoples movements and other species colonies...also collectors searching this new plant,if dont find,will collect lot of other species to compensate....

Valenzino,
There is diff between bought with them and bought the same patch, we bought my plants the same patch at later day.
I will wait to see the pictures of this plant live on wild on AOS
DB

This link show some of my trip to see orchid.

http://www.rv-orchidworks.com/orchi...-photo-dairy-my-forest-trips-see-orchids.html

@baodai: I gave to Phong and Huyen each of them 2 plan from that trip and that is two different species but the other still not flowering so we still don't know what it is.
A lot of orchid trader ask me where I found it, I told them that I bought it from market, they even ask me more detail but what I told them is I don't remember. What do you think if they know where it come from???
I share my information with all our member in my orchid club and ask for their advice and we agree not sent any more photo to anywhere until it official recognize.

Welcome to Slippertalk, Canh. It's good of you to join and give a a different perspective on this plant. I agree that you should keep it's origins a secret -- we humans have too much history of destroying and decimating original habitats.

WOW thank you SO MUCH for linking us to all those photos you posted on the other site. truly incredible. we really appreciate it!! your photos are most excellent

I finally took the time to follow your link, Canh. The photos are beautiful. When my husband and I travelled to China, I learned that one of my favorite spots on earth was the Li River and the beautiful karst mountains all around. Thank you for helping bring back those memories.

Dear BAODAI

Originally Posted by baodai
Thanks,
BD

Who are you?
I do not know who you are!

Cao Bằng, thác Bản Giốc

I must say I enjoy a mystery and a little intrigue but as you have some heavy weights of the Vietnamese Paph. World supporting this new species I wish you well.

I agree with some that its not the prettiest Paph in the world but it is interesting. I’d hate to see it collected out of existence. I recognise the areas in the photos you supplied and have been lucky enough to travel there myself on numerous occasions.

Every Vietnamese person would recognise the water fall but may not know of the other locations in the pictures. I know 2 “commercial orchid gathers” (plunderers of VN natural history) in the area so be careful even with these pictures.

Do you have shop in Hà Nội or a private collection?

tạm biệt

Welcome Canh!

Thanks for joining in, and your pics are great! I'd love to learn more about this Paph.

Latest posts

Back