New paph species canhii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for your replied and your commended.
Wishing you all the best and have more nice orchids.

Welcome to the forum Canh & Huyen.
Quietaustralian, I am surprised to see an Aussie who is so good in vietnamese, what a pleasure to welcome you to the forum as well .
One question. I thought Thac Ban Gioc were stolen from Vietnam by mainland China already ? or were they only able to steal part of it ?
By the way, nobody should look down on this vietnamese orchid and remark that it is ugly.
The vietnameses have a saying for such a similar sentiment.
"ugly wife is mine alone, beautiful wife will run around with any guys in town"

@Hien: Ban Gioc waterfall have one part now claim by China only not all.

Quietaustralian, I am surprised to see an Aussie who is so good in vietnamese, what a pleasure to welcome you to the forum as well .
One question. I thought Thac Ban Gioc were stolen from Vietnam by mainland China already ? or were they only able to steal part of it ?
By the way, nobody should look down on this vietnamese orchid and remark that it is ugly.
Chào Hien,
My Vietnamese is very poor but I guess I must continue to try. Thác Bản Giốc belongs to both China and Vietnam. I think China is more interested in Hà Giang, Quần Đảo Trường Sa and Hoang Sa.

The vietnameses have a saying for such a similar sentiment.
"ugly wife is mine alone, beautiful wife will run around with any guys in town"

I think that saying must be universal as my father told me the same thing when I was young.
Hien, are you in Vietnam or the US?

Chào Hien,
My Vietnamese is very poor but I guess I must continue to try. Thác Bản Giốc belongs to both China and Vietnam. I think China is more interested in Hà Giang, Quần Đảo Trường Sa and Hoang Sa.

I think that saying must be universal as my father told me the same thing when I was young.
Hien, are you in Vietnam or the US?

Anyone who could put the correct accents on the vietnamese words is pretty good with the language ( I , on the other hand always manage to put the accent in the wrong location with english, and that is really embarrassing, since english has only one accent)

I think it was my indian co-worker who told me a joke about the imperialistic Mainland China.
During a world diplomatic gathering, the leader of China criticized US for invading other countries, and mentioned that China never involved in other countries' businesses & internal affairs.
Impressed by the statement, all the presidents clapped their hands.
The US head honcho was intrigued & and asked for advice from the Chinese Premier how he managed to accomplish that.
The Premier smiled and said: oh, of course we never send any troop outside our country, we just call the other countries our provinces :rollhappy::clap:

I haven't been back to VietNam for a long time now.

The Premier smiled and said: oh, of course we never send any troop outside our country, we just call the other countries our provinces

The People's Democratic Republic takes exception to your statements and the implied debasements! Our troops will be there soon to help you compose your apology!

The People's Democratic Republic takes exception to your statements and the implied debasements! Our troops will be there soon to help you compose your apology!

:D
Ouch, Re-education camp :sob: Enough learning already, I am too lazy to go back to school.
Please send the helpers to my co worker so that he could do a self criticism on his erroneous sense of humor

:D
Ouch, Re-education camp :sob: Enough learning already, I am too lazy to go back to school.
Please send the helpers to my co worker so that he could do a self criticism on his erroneous sense of humor
The Peoples' Democratic Republic takes joy in your enlightenment and will gladly send the 5th army education group to assist in the enlightenment of your co-worker. :clap:

Latest posts

Back