New Jason Fischers from OZ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JC94030

I've taken a long absence from posting -- busy on other enterprises. Anyway, here are three JF from new OZ breeding lines.
These are blooming in 4 inch pots.
A word of explanation: the blooms on #1 and #2 are rather abused, as my car broke down and had to be towed on the way home. Anyway, the plants and the car are fine but the blooms got a little dessicated. However, shows the nice color. More buds will come...
#3 bloomed for me under lights. Pretty nice, I think.
These are bred from the latest OZ lines of besseae and MDC, and Terry believes they will be better than previous efforts (at least on his part)
I have a few for sale if anyone is interested.
JC

JF_12.jpg

JF_21.jpg

JF_31.jpg

JF_32.jpg

JF_33.jpg

NIce but I think it is still not close to he US breeding program because of the parents used. The ones in the US will have either one or both parents being 4N.

NIce but I think it is still not close to he US breeding program because of the parents used. The ones in the US will have either one or both parents being 4N.

I think you misunderstood the OZ bit- this OZ is in the US. He's referring to Terry Root at the Orchid Zone in California.

I do have to agree that the fullness of the flowers does not match those from Orchids Limited. The color is fab though.

I think you misunderstood the OZ bit- this OZ is in the US. He's referring to Terry Root at the Orchid Zone in California.

I do have to agree that the fullness of the flowers does not match those from Orchids Limited. The color is fab though.

Oooh.. then the breeding has taken a step back..I got a Jason Fisher from Terry over 10 years ago that makes these plants looks like pot plants... Many of the past awarded Jason Fisher looks much better shape wise. but I do have to say that these guys are much redder than those older generation JF. Can't have everything I guess... hahaha :evil::evil:

AquaGem; don't forget that these are young plants in 4" pots. Jason Fischers will vastly improve on older plants. First bloom plants produce flowers that are nowhere near the quality that they will be later on. The colour is outstanding and when these plants are 3 and 4 growths, they will have tall, multibranching stems loaded with huge, full, round, RED(!) flowers!

BTW: I agree about the importance of including our location in our profile information. A pet peeve of mine is when someone acts all mysterious about where in the world they are; but, they keep referring to "where I live"; or "around here", etc. I refer to a poster's location VERY frequently, for a variety of reasons; but, it helps a LOT to put their words into context and it makes their posts much more useful and interesting. I wish filling in the location part was mandatory.

AquaGem; don't forget that these are young plants in 4" pots. Jason Fischers will vastly improve on older plants. First bloom plants produce flowers that are nowhere near the quality that they will be later on. The colour is outstanding and when these plants are 3 and 4 growths, they will have tall, multibranching stems loaded with huge, full, round, RED(!) flowers!

BTW: I agree about the importance of including our location in our profile information. A pet peeve of mine is when someone acts all mysterious about where in the world they are; but, they keep referring to "where I live"; or "around here", etc. I refer to a poster's location VERY frequently, for a variety of reasons; but, it helps a LOT to put their words into context and it makes their posts much more useful and interesting. I wish filling in the location part was mandatory.

The ones I have seen that was from OZ breeding line were also first bloom seedlings from OZ in 4 " pots. and I was there in person to hand pick some of the plants.

I agree with Katherine and John.

The ones I have seen that was from OZ breeding line were also first bloom seedlings from OZ in 4 " pots. and I was there in person to hand pick some of the plants.

And by the way, where are you located? Location is important to fit your beautiful pics in context. :confused:

Terry Root also does not let go of the plants that match the quality of the breeding that Orchids Limited shows. Does Orchids Limited even let go of the top of the line?

Back