New from NY

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

P-chan

Hi! I'm glad to meet all of you. :) I've only been growing orchids for a little over a year. I have many different types, but these are my slippers.

Paph. Angela (Paph. niveum x Paph. fairrieanum)
Paph. concolor v. Longipetalum
Paph. delenatii
Paph. Emerald Magic 'In-Charm' x Paph. Pacific Shamrock 'Huel'
Paph. fairrieanum x sib. (Fair Lady x Extra Fair) > QTY-25+
Paph. Honey 'Newberry' x Paph primulinum 'Lemon Glow'
Paph. henryanum
Paph. Holdenii x Paph. Red Laser
Paph. Hsinying Citron x Paph. Dr. Calsow 'Ching Hua'
Paph. Johanna Burkhardt
Paph. philippinense Album
Paph. sanderianum 'Raven Cliff Falls' AM/AOS x Paph. sanderianum 'Nature's
Glory'
Paph. Shadow Magic '#2' x Nightshadow 'Wild Thing'
Paph. spicerianum
Paph. Yabba Dabba Doo x Paph. Hsinying Web
-------
Phrag. besseae (besseae 'Bleeding Heart' x besseae 'Colossal')
Phrag. kovachii
Phrag. kovachii x Phrag. longofolium
Phrag. Suzanne Decker (kovachii 'Laura' x Cape Sunset)
----------------
I used to raise and hybridize African violets and Streptocarpus.
Now I'm an orchid fenatic for life!
I'm recently re-married and have 3 grown children. ( two cats, also!)

Welcome from Luxembourg!!! Quite a number of interesting species (hybrids) you have there!!! Are those youngsters or mature plants? do you have picts. to show us?? Jean

Hi Patti,
Welcome to the forum!!!
You're not to far away from me! I am in Catskill, about 30 miles south of Albany!! I just opened up an Orchid Store (Listed in Vendor Forum)..

Tom

Welcome Patti...you are actually very close. I work in Clifton Park on Rt 146. We should meet! Did you know that the our local orchid society has their auction this Saturday?

Hello Patti, glad you could make it here. That's a great start to a slipper collection, and I'm jealous that you are so close to Glen's place!

Mike

Welcome to the forum Patti! Close to Glen - oh yes, the addiction will grow worse!;) (Must be nice!)

Welcome, Patti. You have a nice collection already. I must warn you, though: it will increase greatly just because you've signed onto this forum -- and we are all enablers.

welcome! I live in utica, and I've still never been to piping rock.... maybe in self-defense for my wallet! ...not really close but if another orchid club member who lived in the area ended up wanting to carpool then it might be more likely to happen

Wow! Thank you to all! :D Many of my collection are babies. I have some that are BS and some NBS. I'll try to post pictures down the road.

NYEric- I've never been down there, so it wasn't me. :( But it sure sounds interesting!!

SlipperFan- I really don't need enablers..:eek: I don't have a problem and can stop any time.:wink:

Ron-NY- Hi Ron! We met once at Glens'. My husband was one of your patients! We were at Piping Rock last March on the day that Glen first had that beautiful Red Phrag open! He told you to go look at what had just opened in the other room. I felt honored to be there that day. I think it would be dangerous to be at an auction right now. I've just bought some new chids, and am pretty tight now! I'm not a member of the orchid society in Colonie, because they meet on Saturday, and that's not good for me.:(

tocarmar- A store? (I must be strong....) I was down your way to take my daughters to look at SUNY NewPaltz a few weeks ago. It's probably just as well I didn't know about you...:eek: If they end up going there, I might just have to look you up!

Heather- Glen sent me the business card in my recent order. (My Phrag kovachii!!) (picture below)

Attachments

• Imgp2864.jpg
    Imgp2864.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 9
LOL, Patti I do recall meeting you. I just can no longer put a face with the name.
Ron-NY- Hi Ron! We met once at Glens'. My husband was one of your patients! We were at Piping Rock last March on the day that Glen first had that beautiful Red Phrag open! He told you to go look at what had just opened in the other room. I felt honored to be there that day. I think it would be dangerous to be at an auction right now. I've just bought some new chids, and am pretty tight now! I'm not a member of the orchid society in Colonie, because they meet on Saturday, and that's not good for me.:(

Latest posts

Back