New Canadian to the forum!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, once again, thank you for the warm welcome! I am happy to see members here from Canada!

Welcome from Ontario! Do you have snow yet? We have a light dusting as of this morning but that will be gone with the forecast rain on Monday.

Looking forward to photos of your setup. I started 11 years ago with a light cart as well. And don't worry...you'll have tons of Paphs soon enough. :D

Welcome from Ontario! Do you have snow yet? We have a light dusting as of this morning but that will be gone with the forecast rain on Monday.

Looking forward to photos of your setup. I started 11 years ago with a light cart as well. And don't worry...you'll have tons of Paphs soon enough. :D

We got a good amount of snow a month or so ago, and it has almost completely melted! The weather here is more fitting for mid-October.

The weather here is more fitting for mid-October.

Hey Cody; how about updating your profile to show where "here" is located. People will forget what you posted in your introduction and then comments like "here" and "where I live", won't make any sense unless your posts also show where you are located. Most people here do it and it helps a LOT to keep things in context. Thanks!:)

Welcome from Winnipeg! I was also going to suggest posting your location in your profile, but wanted you to feel welcome first - and I think you do now! It will be cool if you do get into breeding orchids - there doesn't seem to be a large number of people doing that here. Are you a member of your local orchid society?

Hey Cody; how about updating your profile to show where "here" is located. People will forget what you posted in your introduction and then comments like "here" and "where I live", won't make any sense unless your posts also show where you are located. Most people here do it and it helps a LOT to keep things in context. Thanks!:)

Yes, I think most do, but it would be nice if more would. Even just the continent, if you really don't want people to know where you live. This has been said before, but, oh well.

Welcome from Winnipeg! I was also going to suggest posting your location in your profile, but wanted you to feel welcome first - and I think you do now! It will be cool if you do get into breeding orchids - there doesn't seem to be a large number of people doing that here. Are you a member of your local orchid society?

YAY!!! I am SOO happy to see the amount of Canadians here! :clap: :clap: :clap: I am already dipping my toes into the world of breeding orchids! I have had quite a bit of Phal and Catt pollen donated to me, so I am just waiting for what I have to bloom! As I think I might have already stated, if I like a 'chid enough to spend the time to grow and bloom it, then I like it enough to breed with it! :rollhappy: I don't really have any breeding goals, but for me I think there is no such thing as a failure of a cross, as you never know until you try! Another good thing about there being many Canadians here is that in the future I can unload seedlings to you guys as I won't have much room to bloom out all the 'chids from a flask. AND, maybe there is some Canadians here that are experienced with flasking Paphs. Oh, I am a member of the Saskatchewan Orchid Society, and have been for just over a year. :D

Back