New Canadian to the forum!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BlazingAugust

HELLO ALL!!! My name is Cody, and I have been growing orchids under lights in my closet for just a little over a year now, starting right after my 15th birthday. I live in Saskatoon, Canada, so we get some pretty cold weather up here! :rollhappy: Right now I grow mainly Catts and Phals, but I am SUPER interested in Paphs. I will eventually build a light stand in our basement so I can have cooler temps for the Paphs (It can get to around 32*C in my closet during the summer). I am REALLY interested in breeding, and that means anything I want to grow, I want to breed. I am looking forward to learning oodles from all you paph experts out there, and I am sure I will be asking tons of questions in the future!

Glad you can finally "come out of the closet":wink:

Why don't you post a pic of your setup?

:rollhappy: Lol!!! I've got that joke many times before. I might not be able to tonight, but I will tomorrow if I can't. Even though Canada is pretty orchid vendor barren, thankfully, the one vendor I trust the most has a pretty big selection of species and hybrids, though most do happen to he smaller seedlings, I'm fine with that as I have MANY years ahead of me! :D

Do you use fluorescent lights in your current setup? You should try a 250 or even better a 400 watt High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide lamp when you move to the basement.

Do you use fluorescent lights in your current setup? You should try a 250 or even better a 400 watt High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide lamp when you move to the basement.

I use SunBlaster HO T5's. Unfortunately, I will only be building another stand in the basement, so I will he limited to T5's. Though I will have two 6,400's and one 10,000 (?) K (The two suggested K's, which I am sure is the two aforementioned.) So I should he good for light.

Welcome Cody! It was just a matter of time before you get interested in Paphs! Good to see you on this forum besides growing Phals!

Paphman910

Wow! Thank you for the warm welcome, and its great to see other Canadians here!

Back