Nepal - trek to Rara Lake

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gorgeous pictures! More motivation for me to seriously plan my trip Nepal next year :D

WOW, I am so impressed by the moving water photos. Thank you for your guide on how to get that effect. I am going to begin trying to hone my photo skills. Your pictures brought about a serenity in me. Thank you for that. I also thank you for including the photos of those homes. I was having a few issues, mostly ego based, and the thought of what I really have instead of what I want to have just became a bit clearer once again. God just always seems to put things in my path to keep me humble and your photos are that sign again. I don't like to look at others misfortunes as motivation for what I do have, but sometimes these little signs are wonderful reminders of how people can live and be happy in these areas. I bet life there, albeit rough, is much more serene. Thank you for sharing, you have touched me this evening.

WOW!! What a great tour of places I'll never see, thanks... Jim.
Me neither! Thanks David - AWESOME!:clap::clap::clap:

......Some people don't like it, but I'm not one of them.... Waves crashing over rocks and then the water running back into the ocean can make great photos, especially when combined with a nice sunrise or sunset. David
I'm not one of them either! GORGEOUS! :drool::drool:

Beautiful Beautiful Photo's!!!!
I love the velvet water!!
The one with the tree against the waterfall is just fantastic!

Thanks for everyones kind comments. Much appreciated.

WOW, I am so impressed by the moving water photos. Thank you for your guide on how to get that effect. I am going to begin trying to hone my photo skills. Your pictures brought about a serenity in me. Thank you for that. I also thank you for including the photos of those homes. I was having a few issues, mostly ego based, and the thought of what I really have instead of what I want to have just became a bit clearer once again. God just always seems to put things in my path to keep me humble and your photos are that sign again. I don't like to look at others misfortunes as motivation for what I do have, but sometimes these little signs are wonderful reminders of how people can live and be happy in these areas. I bet life there, albeit rough, is much more serene. Thank you for sharing, you have touched me this evening.

Thanks for so openly sharing your experience when looking at the photos. It is always nice to hear your photos have such an effect. It is hard not to reflect on your own life when walking through such an environment. The sights you see, the stories you here. There are a 100 stories I could tell you which would describe the plight of the local people. But this one sticks in my mind the most. On the flight back from the trek a mother lost her 5 day old baby on the plane. I believe the baby was sick and the parents were taking her to the Kathmandu hospital for treatment. I can still see the distraught mother in my head holding her dead baby. On top of that she was forced to suffer such a horrendous experience so publicly. It was a sombre way to end the trek. I couldn’t help but think this would never have happened in Australia. It puts all our trivial problems in perspective.

I have some nice photos of local people and there villages which I will post shortly. My computer at home has died so it will have to wait until it is replaced (hopefully this weekend).

David

Last edited:
David, Thanks for sharing that with me. To see how hard people really do have it does put things in perspective. That poor woman....that put a lump in my throat and again has me looking at the positives in my life. I was wondering if there was a way I could purchase any of these photos from you? I would love to have some in my meditation area and keep this prominent in my life. I am a recovering alcoholic and have had my own share of struggles. I accept them as my own today and constantly strive to better myself as much as possible. My Orchids are my new passion...well, 2 years new now. I have them as a serenity I can not find elsewhere, I felt something looking at your photos and I can't put a finger on the feeling, but I liked it. It motivated me, not just the ones of the homes, the waterfall and ocean photos moved me. Thank you again for sharing and I appreciate this connection we have made. God bless....

Amazing photographs! I feel as though I'm there next to you seeing the scenery! I think my favorite is the shot of the coniferous forest...all very beautiful, though

Back