Neofinetia falcata 'Hoshiguruma'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteM

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchased in 2018 from Peter Lin at Diamond orchids. Fragrant in the mornings, no lip and no nectary.. I’ve always thought it was a very unique flower. Sadly, I’ve killed this variety once in the past with too much water and cool night temps and was very happy to acquire another. One of the reasons I don’t like to use moss in the traditional potting method. This guys seems to be needing a different media, I’ll try to close it up a bit and maybe use rockwool in a similar basket.

8B3938D3-6F3C-4D8F-BF8D-0AE0E6B4DA5F.jpeg6A4B2D56-7BA1-4D89-86B9-A75CA91EF29F.jpeg30B1C83E-1DE9-4C0D-8837-508911337DFC.jpeg
Just for fun, this is what it looks like outside today in my region of Baltimore Maryland. Brood X starting to swarm.

The flower looks like Neofinetia falcata "Hoshiguruma" 富貴蘭「星車」. However, the leaf is too big to be the correct variety. Hoshiguruma should have average size leaf length with narrow leaves. This leaf length is way too big/long.

Back