Neo freaks please help...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is White Crane ( basically Amami with extra large flowers clone) x Amami.
You will notice he has another listing which is a Cal orchids cross, I believe, and they are all basically the same, common white easy growing neos.
They all have multiple ( at least two) growths and under $10.

I'll give this vendor a look-over. Thank you enabler! Right
now I'm still evaluating the conditions I can offer a Neo.
If I try to grow on a window sill, the humidity is very low.
In the greenhouse, temps. are too warm for blooming. I've been there, done that.

Remember everything I grow is indoor. Very dry.
As long as you keep up with watering, they will be fine. Not perfect, but fine.

Hausermann's Orchids out of Chicago, Illinois sells Neofinetia species, or NOID. They have several of them. The last time I was there, they had a lot of Neos for $14-$18 a pot. The more expensive ones were multi growth. They sell other Neo hybrids like Neostylis Lou Sneary that look like colorful Neo flowers. Some of these hybrids have scent. If you follow the links that Marco and Happy provided, those vendors will have similar stock.

Thank you Matt and HP. I've tried Lou and a couple of
others along with species Neos in my greenhouse in the
past and ended up sending to Dot and she bloomed them.
The more I evaluate my conditions the more discouraged
I get.

Thank you Matt and HP. I've tried Lou and a couple of
others along with species Neos in my greenhouse in the
past and ended up sending to Dot and she bloomed them.
The more I evaluate my conditions the more discouraged
I get.
The interesting thing is that where I have my Neos and Neo crosses, it may get down to 55ºF on the coldest nights. Usually it is around 60ºF. They are in the south, so they get lots of light especially in the Winter. (If the sun is out - it is Michigan, after all!) I don't put them outside at all, and they seem to bloom fine.

Maybe the issue is light?

It very well could be not enough light. I do have the LED
set-ups now. Perhaps it could work, but temps. would never get below 60F and not often that cool. My precious
Phal. species and primary hybrids wouldn't care for such
cool temps. as 55F.

Most greenhouses have micro-climates. In mine, the coolest corner, where the neos are, can go down to 55. But where it is warmer, by the heater, the low temperature typically (winter nights) is about 63.

Latest posts

Back