Need a jury on this one

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
Phrag. Living Fire 3N

I bought this one last year.
I'm concerned with the streakings and dark and light patches on the flowers.
Does anybody think virus or simply a bad flowering? The plant itself is strong and vigorous.:confused:

LivingFire3N.jpg

LivingFire2.jpg

The plant is isolated from the others for now.

Living Fire is 25% longifolium, 25% sargentianum and 50% besseae
Achental is 25% schlimii, 25% besseae and 50% richteri.
So the answer is no!:poke:

Are there any known viruses that affect Phrags? I agree it is probably heredity. It is not always good to judge the first flowering.

Good question. Does the actual plant look nice?

There's a couple of bruises on the flowering fan but the new growth is healthy and strong. It is possible the hot summer we had here may have stressed the plant. :)

While slippers are generally resistant to virus, I have heard of virused phrag clones. However, they are very limited and also fairly old. I am assuming that yours is a new seedling, so virus is unlikely...but not impossible. I think its genetic. Bloom it again, and then decide. To be safe, either send it for testing or buy some Agdia test strips.

There is a mob marching down the street... I think they are carrying a rope. The jury better come to a verdict before they get there.

Well, I'd better put on the thin star and sit on the front porch with my deputy. Yep! The old skunk gun may come in handy again! :cool:

I second that!

The plant was called to the witness stand this morning and really screwed up it's case.
An infection had begun on the new growth and there were two smaller growths coming up high on the main stem.
It was henceforth sent to the gallows and execution of the sentance was immediate.

Thanks everyone. :)

The jury is dismissed.

:rollhappy: :rollhappy:
if there's any consolation, seems to be a good reason as to what went wrong.

Back