My recent acquisition from OL w/o shipping

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncart

Reaction score
My OS invited Jason Fischer for his presentation about Japapnese orchids and I hosted him during his stay. I had such a great time spending time with him.

As he arrived at Portland, we drove to visit Theresa Hills at Hillsview Orchids and spent some time. ( It was my first time to visit her greenhouse. ) OMG! :drool: What an incredible greenhouse. Lots of complex paphs.

His presentation was excellent and I am so glad that lots of people showed up. I am looking forward to his 'next' visit to Portland. :D:D:D

Here are my plants. :rollhappy:

1. Paraphalaenopsis labukensis (pre-order)
4116201606_f21c9c655d.jpg

2. Paph. Pink Sky & Paph Platy Swith 'Maxima' x Norito Hasegawa 'Banana Split' (pre-order)
4116199170_985a30beaf.jpg

3. Neofinetia falcata 'Shutennou' (at the meeting)
4116197752_ac2b28dd62.jpg

4. Cym goeringii 'Shuuen' (gift/experiment) - Per Jason, this one is going to stay outsite during the winter.
4115433535_bffd28037b.jpg

5. Dendrobium moniliforme 'Kouryou' (gift / experiment ) - Per Jason, this one, too is going to stay outside during the winter.
4116200032_dafe236cec.jpg

Wow!! Great plants. Glad you had a great time. I bet the visit to the greenhouse was awesome!!

must have been fine moments!!!! Very nice buy!!! I am curious to hear about your experience with the Paraphalaenopsis (I already killed 2 of them :eek:)!!! Jean

Nice looking group of plants.

The C. goeringii and D. moniliforme should be OK down to 25 F, but below that I'd give them some protection from direct frost. More importantly, come spring get them in a warm position early as possible. I've talked with folks in England who've tried these in their gardens and failed - not due to cold, but rather the lack of spring warmth. Spring comes around April here and by May it is nice and warm - fall also remains warm through October. So, a minimum of 5 months of 70+ degrees is normal for them. Good luck with your experiment!

Nice looking group of plants.

The C. goeringii and D. moniliforme should be OK down to 25 F, but below that I'd give them some protection from direct frost. More importantly, come spring get them in a warm position early as possible. I've talked with folks in England who've tried these in their gardens and failed - not due to cold, but rather the lack of spring warmth. Spring comes around April here and by May it is nice and warm - fall also remains warm through October. So, a minimum of 5 months of 70+ degrees is normal for them. Good luck with your experiment!

Thanks. 25F, huh? It is very rare to get the temparature that low in Portland. I think I can manage that.

During Jason's presentation, your pictures were featured. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back