My purchases this weekend (mostly complex)!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Leo_5313

Paph_combined_052712.jpg

Visited one grower and stumbled upon another one in the California East Bay this weekend! Cannot resist the complexes! I just have to get them!

Top left: Pacific Shamrock x Stone Lovely- Cuppy but I like the shape, color, and the full petals (if flatten out).

Top right: Gege Hughes x S. Gatrix- Not a great dorsal but I like the color and the petals.

Middle left: In-Charm Silver Bell x philippinense var. alba (not today's purchase; obtained last month)

Middle right: Provocation x (Western Thunder x World Famous)- I have several of this cross already; but every time I see one, I just have to get it! I saw three in blooms today, was going to get all but resisted the temptation. I purchased the one with the smallest flower, (for me) it has the deepest red color and I like the overall presentation of the flower.

Bottom left: Magic Mood x Harpley- Stumbled upon a nursery in Pacifica 15 minutes before it closed and I got this one. Saw a Phrag. besseae ('Balance' x 'Curves') in bloom (very red, but small and one growth) that I would love to get too- but I have one of this exact cross already- mine bloomed salmon! Anyway, I always like Fall tones.

Bottom right: (Irish Eyes x Gege Hughes) x Ice Castle- I have several Irish Eyes x Ice Castle but not this particular cross involving Gege Hughes. A small bloom but really like the shape.

Overall, a fun day today!

Latest posts

Back