My own Jason Fischer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiva

Reaction score
One of two Jason Fischer I have. The other one has also a spike. I hope they will be both in flower for me to compare.
The flower is about 10.4 cm wide (I guess I need to remember that we're not working with inches anymore). The dorsal is slightly bent because I moved the plant before the flower finished opening.

Michel :)

Last edited:
It's lovely. I have mine for two years and it has yet to bloom. Would you mind sharing your culture so that I might get an idea as to why I haven't been successful . :confused:

cool growing

Joan

I grow in a cool greenhouse, which make sense out here where the outside temperature hover in the 20s to mid 30s C below zero for about two months in Winter. Nights in the greenhouse are about 13C average and days highs to about 20C with the help of the sun. Humidity above 70% and light as for Cattleyas, though it is harder to achieve in Winter. Not much feeding and I use reverse osmosis water. Watering in early morning only to give the plant time to dry out by nightfall. That's about it.
Good luck! :poke:

In Edmonton, Alberta it is less than 30 degrees below zero today, so I am not suprised if it is that in Quebec.
But growing indoors, its hard to achieve your cool temps! My house is set at 18oC, but it fluctuates

Yep!

To SlipperFan

I've seen it go to -40 on a few nights. By then, all the little holes in the greenhouse structure are plugged by ice so it's actually easyer to heat. Right now, it's about -14C. On many mornings, I have to bring a pitcher of hot water to melt the ice around the door so I can open it. That's dedication, don't you think? :rollhappy:

To SlipperFan

I've seen it go to -40 on a few nights. By then, all the little holes in the greenhouse structure are plugged by ice so it's actually easyer to heat. Right now, it's about -14C. On many mornings, I have to bring a pitcher of hot water to melt the ice around the door so I can open it. That's dedication, don't you think? :rollhappy:
Amazing

Back