My "newbie" keeshond enjoying the snow

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FlowerFaerie

This is Jenni - she joined me in the summer, aged 5. I think she likes it here.
Besides helping my "oldie" to raid the fridge, she has been enjoying playing in the snow.

Attachments

• P1000784cc.JPG
    P1000784cc.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 32
  • P1000831Jenniclose.JPG
    P1000831Jenniclose.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 30
Very cool dog :)!!! Had to Wikipedia to look up the origin; the name sounds so very Dutch (maybe one of our Dutch members can translate the 'kees', hond meaning dog)! Jean

My next door neighbors at my previous home had a Keeshond. Best dog ever. She never barked or caused any problems. I think it's an Asian breed from Japan or Korea, but I might be wrong on that.

Edited to add: Okay, so I looked it up on wikipedia. It states that this breed originated in Germany and is related to the Pomeranian. Gee, was I ever wrong!

.... I think it's an Asian breed from Japan or Korea, but I might be wrong on that.

Edited to add: Okay, so I looked it up on wikipedia. It states that this breed originated in Germany and is related to the Pomeranian. Gee, was I ever wrong!
:rollhappy: that's OK - but I wonder where wikipedia gets it's info? :confused:
They were once known as the Dutch Barge Dog, originating in Holland which is now a province of the Netherlands.

Very cool dog :)!!! Had to Wikipedia to look up the origin; the name sounds so very Dutch (maybe one of our Dutch members can translate the 'kees', hond meaning dog)! Jean

Yes, it is Dutch, you are right that "hond" means dog, "Kees" is just a Dutch name, short for Cornelis (like Bob is short for Robert), I had to look it up, and the word "Kees" (or Cees) means: "kingly", "powerful"; or, "horn of the sun".

Cute dog by the way!

Robert

Yes, it is Dutch, you are right that "hond" means dog, "Kees" is just a Dutch name, short for Cornelis (like Bob is short for Robert), I had to look it up, and the word "Kees" (or Cees) means: "kingly", "powerful"; or, "horn of the sun".

Cute dog by the way!

Robert

Thanks Robert :)!!! And a cool dog for sure!!!! Jean

Latest posts

Back