My multi budlets

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....getting cloooooser.......

Attachments

• 2009_0310Phalamabilis0022.JPG
    2009_0310Phalamabilis0022.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 26
  • 2009_0310Phalamabilis0024.JPG
    2009_0310Phalamabilis0024.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2009_0310Phalamabilis0025.JPG
    2009_0310Phalamabilis0025.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 23
Why is the lighting so yellow?
All light, daylight included, has a color temperature. Our eyes adjust to it and we generally see it as "white" light. Cameras, on the other hand, don't automatically adjust -- that's why many cameras have a "white balance" setting that enables you to set the camera according to the type of light. Both my cameras can "read" a neutral white or gray card to set the white balance to neutral. Probably most cameras these days have that ability.

I took the photo right in the grow room...under the HPS light. It makes everything look yellow.

My lowii has two flowers open and is working on the third of four. I'll update when the third is open.

All light, daylight included, has a color temperature. Our eyes adjust to it and we generally see it as "white" light. Cameras, on the other hand, don't automatically adjust -- that's why many cameras have a "white balance" setting that enables you to set the camera according to the type of light. Both my cameras can "read" a neutral white or gray card to set the white balance to neutral. Probably most cameras these days have that ability.

But, just to clarify, she did not use the white balance feature or the photos would look like they were taken in "daylight."

Back