My multi budlets

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy

Just me!
Reaction score
lowii, roth, roth and Bel Royal...in that order. I also have stonei, Julius, Taiwan and roebelinii in very low bud. It's going to be a good showing this spring...I hope.

Attachments

• 2009_0224buds0027.JPG
    2009_0224buds0027.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 2009_0224buds0028.JPG
    2009_0224buds0028.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 2009_0224buds0022.JPG
    2009_0224buds0022.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 2009_0224buds0017.JPG
    2009_0224buds0017.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 30
Yay, multi Paphs! :rollhappy: :clap: Gonna be a great spring!

From pictures it looks like you grow your multis under lights, is that right? Do you just supplement the natural light or grow completely under lights?

Nice Wendy! Man, I wish my Bel Royal would bud:( What is your leaf span Wendy? PS my stonei is in the same boat...budless

The first roth is 'Janet' FCC/AOS x 'Chester Hills' AM/AOS....the second is 'Commander' x self.

My Bel Royal is a HUGE plant; at least 40" LS. Here is a photo of the whole plant....nearest growth is in bud with one other mature growth and a small new growth on the far side. (the plant to the left of it is a big previously bloomed kolopakingii....Bel Royal is bigger)

Attachments

• 2009_0224buds0029.JPG
    2009_0224buds0029.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 33
omg , this is going to be the Show!!!! and, yes, they really look huge! :eek: I am learning that I dare not get too many multis if I want to have a better utilization of my gh space with paphs !:eek::eek:! Jean

Thanks Wendy, I guess I've got another year aleast to go then. My leaf span is close but it's only a single growth. I have a second plant but it's a bit smaller then the first. Oh well...

:clap: :drool: :smitten: FANTASTIC!!! Now I know what to look for with my roth, it should be close!

I grow under HID lights....no sunlight at all.

Thanks! It's clearly working pretty well too. I'm looking forward to seeing the flowers.

Mine are on a windowsill with no supplemental light at all. Seem to be doing okay but I'm wondering if they would do better with some extra light.

WOW!!! Looking forward to the Show, too...:D!

(What is a HID light??? Why do I get the feeling that it is not cost/energy effective??? What are treir characteristics, Wendy?? TYIA...:))

HID...High Intensity Discharge. They come in Metal halide (blue/green spectrum) and High Pressure Sodium (red/yellow end of the spectrum) And no they are not cost/energy efficient....but they do a wonderful job at giving off great light. I use three...all 400 watts. My husband pays the electric bill and says not to worry; I don't smoke, drink or gamble so he says it's not a big deal if orchid growing keeps me happy.

Checked the leaf span on Bel Royal...it's 44". :eek:

Last edited:
Back